WANTED: Bosio race 683 nozzles to fit v6 tdi engines

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Whilst I have no doubt the old v6 tdi will do 400Bhp on a single turbo, i don't think that it will be that reliable or very easy to drive as a daily ! I use my v6 for mainly motorway drives and whilst nice, pokey and good enough i think starting with a larger displacement engine is much more down to earth ! Had a nice tuned Seat Leon FR tuned to over 250bhp and the engine let go on me few weeks ago ! Just for that reason and the fact that you can get decent power out of a diesel- it's not however without up's and down's so i went today and bought a nice 2004 audi s4 !

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Bosio race 683 fitted to AFB injectors equals steady iddle and 3.5-4.5 Mg/stroke on idle ! They are +80% and with a lot of fuel pulled under 2000rpm's and almost smoke free with the current gt2056 hybrid and 4 Bar Map sensor ! I am still hitting over boost when pushing it past 4000rpm's in 4th but the car is so nice to drive i would not want anything else ! Had a nice drag race against a tuned prodrive subaru WRX and whilst he pulled on me i gave him a very good run for it's money ! That's in a car weighing 2 tonnes nearly and on 20" wheels ! Pity i have sold the turbo to a forum member- he's coming over the week end for fitting along with a set of power plus 683 nozzles, i will let you know how it goes on his car !
Fitted Bosio power plus 683 nozzles/AFB injectors and hybrid gt2056 to Ben's audi allroad and the car is very, very nice to drive- maybe he will chime in with his own opinion !
Ben took it to 140Mph/4200rpm's on Saturday night and he mentioned that there was still more to go ! Very, very nice setup with even more to go if Bosio race nozzles are fitted ! Ben's allroad was mapped with a Viezu generic map and i left it there, i am sure with a few tweaks there still a few more Bhp to squeeze out of the BAU engine...

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A4B6 AKE(compound in progress)audi a6 AFB(+30% custom nozzles GTX hybrid 2.3bar) golf4 AJM(+300% Biggest PD nozzles gt1756gtx-2.2bar)
Fitted Bosio power plus 683 nozzles/AFB injectors and hybrid gt2056 to Ben's audi allroad and the car is very, very nice to drive- maybe he will chime in with his own opinion !
Ben took it to 140Mph/4200rpm's on Saturday night and he mentioned that there was still more to go ! Very, very nice setup with even more to go if Bosio race nozzles are fitted ! Ben's allroad was mapped with a Viezu generic map and i left it there, i am sure with a few tweaks there still a few more Bhp to squeeze out of the BAU engine...
Believe me with 2060V and +90% nozzles it's better.I'll sign as a vendor soon and there will be cheap kits.One of them is shipped to Vwgolf1 and he will share what is the car like.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Of course fitting a bigger turbo and bigger nozzles the car will be better, however what's the point of fitting nozzles so large that you need to pull back a lot of fuel in order to get less smoke ? I can assure you that Bosio race 683 nozzles can flow enough fuel for 400Bhp but it's getting a clean tune that it's the issue ! These cars are not made for so much torque, every time i launch my a6 quattro i cringe when i hear the drive/rear diff shunt, all that torque is hard on transmission, we are not driving brand new cars here !
As i said, with this gt2056 hybrid i just fitted on Ben's car my car was the only time it did not smoke- the turbo had enough flow to clean the smoke ! On Ben's car there's hardly a haze of smoke at WOT and there still plenty to gain with a custom remap.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
Nobody never told whats the size of race 683 nozzles and how much they flow. They are big but how big is the main question.

ben0069

TDI
allroad 2.5 tdi v6
Of course fitting a bigger turbo and bigger nozzles the car will be better, however what's the point of fitting nozzles so large that you need to pull back a lot of fuel in order to get less smoke ? I can assure you that Bosio race 683 nozzles can flow enough fuel for 400Bhp but it's getting a clean tune that it's the issue ! These cars are not made for so much torque, every time i launch my a6 quattro i cringe when i hear the drive/rear diff shunt, all that torque is hard on transmission, we are not driving brand new cars here !
As i said, with this gt2056 hybrid i just fitted on Ben's car my car was the only time it did not smoke- the turbo had enough flow to clean the smoke ! On Ben's car there's hardly a haze of smoke at WOT and there still plenty to gain with a custom remap.
Yes absolutely no smoke, since I came back form London on sat after chris did the work for me, I have been in the car non stop, I don't even see a haze. The power low down is now much better, it just needs a map now to pull everything together and I don't think I'll need any more. The allroad I have is a very versatile car, good for my family, good for my hobbies, good for my work, it ticks all the boxes! but it just lacked power from the factory. This set up has addressed that issue.
I really enjoyed working with you Saturday chris, thanks very much, so much knowledge, so little time...

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A4B6 AKE(compound in progress)audi a6 AFB(+30% custom nozzles GTX hybrid 2.3bar) golf4 AJM(+300% Biggest PD nozzles gt1756gtx-2.2bar)
Of course the car will not smoke with sprint 683.They are so small that they are smaller than p970.Of couse the car is slow.You can feel it better but it's not more than 220-230bhp.Every nozzle can be remaped to no smoke.Bosio Race 683 are 60% more but they have bigger 6 holes.Of course 8 hole nozzles are better way to go.If 6 hole nozzles were so good they will be fitted to the newer cars.BOSIO Race can't flow for 400bhp.You think that they can flow till 400bhp because of smoke caused by poor atomisation.That's why you got poor idle.

Last edited:

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Of course the car will not smoke with sprint 683.They are so small that they are smaller than p970.Of couse the car is slow.You can feel it better but it's not more than 220-230bhp.Every nozzle can be remaped to no smoke.Bosio Race 683 are 60% more but they have bigger 6 holes.Of course 8 hole nozzles are better way to go.If 6 hole nozzles were so good they will be fitted to the newer cars.BOSIO Race can't flow for 400bhp.You think that they can flow till 400bhp because of smoke caused by poor atomisation.That's why you got poor idle.
Poor idle is caused ONLY if you fit them to AKE/BAU/BDG injectors, if you fit them to AFB injectors there's no idle issues but they are still very big that will smoke ! Allroads are weighing at 2 tonnes, they are slow from the factory but they are totally different animals with bigger nozzles- i tried it- however the chassis can barely take the power- the air suspension is only good in a straight line ! 8 hole injectors can flow more ? I don't know, but i am sure they are only fitted because they can atomize the fuel better... Don't dislike the race/PP 683 just because they are not your nozzles, there are more nozzles out there that work...

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
Poor idle is caused ONLY if you fit them to AKE/BAU/BDG injectors, if you fit them to AFB injectors there's no idle issues but they are still very big that will smoke ! Allroads are weighing at 2 tonnes, they are slow from the factory but they are totally different animals with bigger nozzles- i tried it- however the chassis can barely take the power- the air suspension is only good in a straight line ! 8 hole injectors can flow more ? I don't know, but i am sure they are only fitted because they can atomize the fuel better... Don't dislike the race/PP 683 just because they are not your nozzles, there are more nozzles out there that work...
I will tell you a secret.Because I produce nozzles I know exactly how large are the Race683.They flow 1350cc for 60sec.biggest 8 hole nozzles of CPC flows 2017cc for 60sec with perfect atomisation.You can make your conclusions.Of course I am ready to challenge them.A set of Race683 VS a set of 130% CPC nozzles .I'll send my nozzles to company that is independent expert.They can test them and post the results.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, PP683 flow 40% more than stock, RACE 683 flow 80% more than stock so it's normal that +130% nozzles will flow 40-50% more than the race 683 nozzles ! I never said your nozzles are bad - never had the chance to try them - but i said the race 683 are not bad either...with the right turbo and map they will do big horsepower. Looking forward to try a set of yours, you kind to donate a set for testing purposes ? If they are as good as you preach them i am sure i will send you a few clients your way ! Cheers !

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Who claims race683 flow 80% more than stock? I've never seen any documents about flow readings whatsoever.Assuming is not a fact. :)

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Who claims race683 flow 80% more than stock? I've never seen any documents about flow readings whatsoever.Assuming is not a fact. :)
Previous owner of my a4 had an email from Mr Bosio or Jeremy Lear from Lear Automotive (cannot remember exactly) a few years ago, i will try to dig it out if it's still on his thread- "a6 turbochip"...
Try them Bosio's, you might be surprised how much they flow !

tilma

TDI
a4 V6 TDI 180
Fratelly Bosio the best!!!!

My setup nozzle race 683, stock IC, with 2x gt1544s from polo 1.4 tdi, and custom manifold.

I wait for a new tuner

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Why use so small turbos ; together they will still flow less than stock vnt20.. ?

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
I had similar plans with that same type of turbos (or k03) + one bigger for example gtx3071r or so.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Finally dyno run with some results: 303 Bhp on first run then 299 Bhp/530 Nm of torque on 2nd pass. The dyno operator almost did not strap the car properly and the car nearly got off the rollers, to be honest he was blown away, it looked as a run of the mill a6 with "just" 180Bhp... Here's a little clip, the map is as clean as it gets and the torque is kept lower to give the DMF a chance...

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
GT20 hybrid with gtb22 turbine and 66mm compressor wheel, about 2.5 bar of boost... Turbo can do a bit more but the torque is too much so fuel is pulled in order to keep torque in check ! Flywheel barely takes it...

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Great result Chris!
Thanks Ben...The old girl can do better but the flywheel is complaining already and it's just a couple of months old... I reckon i should do about 350 with a better turbo- thinking of a hybrid GTB2260vk with a billet 71mm wheel...

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
We made that hybrid and it's doing well.We don't have dyno because the clutch is slipping from 3-th gear.With lots of fuel on 3bar i think the car will be fast.
Of course the car is prepared for that kind of boost and power.Custom pots(reduced CR)new custom oil pump +30% ,Rainforced headbolts,new exhaust collectors .... and so on...

Last edited:

FrançoisL

TDI
2,5L V6 Audi
Hello from France.
First of all, sorry for my english...
I've got a Audi Allroad AKE and Tiptronic, I know that the torque must not be too high.
For the moment my Allroad has only a chip on dyno by a professional.
It's 192hp and 420Nm.
I was looking information on the web, and I found your conversations.
I'm a bit lost.
Which kind of nozzles are better for my configuration?

Here is the graph:

ben0069

TDI
allroad 2.5 tdi v6
Yes absolutely no smoke, since I came back form London on sat after chris did the work for me, I have been in the car non stop, I don't even see a haze. The power low down is now much better, it just needs a map now to pull everything together and I don't think I'll need any more. The allroad I have is a very versatile car, good for my family, good for my hobbies, good for my work, it ticks all the boxes! but it just lacked power from the factory. This set up has addressed that issue.
I really enjoyed working with you Saturday chris, thanks very much, so much knowledge, so little time...
After having the turbo and injectors on for sometime with no tune, I chose to get a "proper" custom tune from a big firm with all the badges, tuner of the year here, tuner of the year there, that was in January, I took it away and it was definitely more powerful again, but not smooth at all and after sometime I was getting the cel light all the time, so overall I paid a lot of money for the tune and wasn't overly impressed. Two weeks ago I took it to chris and asked him to tune it for me, he had the car for 5 days. I have been driving it for over a week now and it is completely different to the other tune much smoother and the power is spread over a greater rev range. It is great to drive now and I am really enjoying the car again, Thanks Chris, great job!! I will be dynoing soon....

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
After having the turbo and injectors on for sometime with no tune, I chose to get a "proper" custom tune from a big firm with all the badges, tuner of the year here, tuner of the year there, that was in January, I took it away and it was definitely more powerful again, but not smooth at all and after sometime I was getting the cel light all the time, so overall I paid a lot of money for the tune and wasn't overly impressed. Two weeks ago I took it to chris and asked him to tune it for me, he had the car for 5 days. I have been driving it for over a week now and it is completely different to the other tune much smoother and the power is spread over a greater rev range. It is great to drive now and I am really enjoying the car again, Thanks Chris, great job!! I will be dynoing soon....
Nice of you to give some feedback Ben, i have a new map here for you with 60mg per stroke although i am sure the pump EDC will limit it somehow to 54Mg/stroke. If the ecu accept's it and plays ball then we are back in the game !
I really wished i done your car a bit sooner but work commitments and busy Easter schedule meant slow progress ! I am also sorry for your window winder, if it broke sooner then i would have fixed it for you... Eagerly waiting for the dyno printout, who was your previous tuner ? They do need to learn a thing or two about mapping...sometimes i wonder how folk can pay money for rubbish tunes with massive torque spikes just to get the numbers...

ben0069

TDI
allroad 2.5 tdi v6
No worries about the window, the wire was rotten and had snapped, new regulator and four rivets, quite easy, hardest thing was getting the old rivets out. can you recommend a rolling road? not sure if I should name and shame the tuner on the forum, but they are based in chesterfield....
forgot to say my usual mileage per tank urban is 410/20miles and that is usually quite spirited and on a run then at steady80/85 cruise control 430/40miles this is when the fuel light usually comes on, on my run home from London on Friday steady 85/90 and spurts of more! the fuel light came on at 466miles and the fuel ave clock was reading 35.4mpg. I know that is not that accurate so I am doing a proper mpg check at the moment. The tune is also getting better as it settling in.

Last edited:

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
That all depends what power figures you are looking for. Without strengthening up your auto-tranny I would go smaller nozzles and good chip tune. Best option will be bosio nozzles for Iveco tector engine (bsla143p970). You'll get nice +20-25% power and with good chip you are able to limit your maximum torque. (240-250hp/400-450nm) Sure bigger turbo is needed too for that.

Which kind of nozzles are better for my configuration?