2001 jetta shutting off

jimbob5.924v

TDI
2000 jetta tdi
my actuator was bad but i still drove it. it ran crappy but it got me around. while waiting for a new one i took the old actuator off. then i drove to the store and ran the same. i left the store and it shut off. i just got the new actuator on and its still shutting off. the code is 1549. it will run for a few seconds then shut down slowly.

jimbob5.924v

TDI
2000 jetta tdi
vac lines were crossed on the antishutter valve, but i still have that 1549 code. its saying that the turbo actuator control valve is positive to ground or open circut. what is that?

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
check the plug that connects to the N75 valve that controls the actuator.

looks like this

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
positive to ground or open circuit means you have a short somewhere in those wires.
Do you have a DMM to test voltage and continuity?

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
may have a broken wire possibly rubbing on manifold area.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No, actuator is purely mechanical with no electrical feedback unlike the PD engines.You probably have damaged the wire somewhere around the connector, I did the same thing when I did my intake cleaning.

jimbob5.924v

TDI
2000 jetta tdi
i took the wire cover off all the way to the main harness and i could find anything. once it goes to the main harness, where does it plug into. there is a big thing of wires under my battery on the underneath of the car. my dad said he messed with those. when i put that new n75 on, would it have seen the problem was solved and not put the check engine light on?

jimbob5.924v

TDI
2000 jetta tdi
i drove the car with the actuator off before the new one came. i put a bolt in the vac line so i didnt loose my vaccum through it. im just trying to tell everything i did that might have screwed it up.

jimbob5.924v

TDI
2000 jetta tdi
i figured it out!!!!!! the plug on the n75 was alittle messed up and wasnt letting it slide all the way in. thanks for your help. i would be messing everything else up trying to look for thr problem.