2.0 CR big turbo build, aiming to set WR

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
My CP3 mounting kit fits perfectly ;)
The damned courier lost my cylinder head on the way to porting and polishing job, its nowhere to be found

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
I cleaned it and spray some wd40 on it , put a wd40 wet cloth on . Unfortunately my cyl. head is nowhere to be found.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Found it. Was sitting there in the depot. I close the contract with them today. .

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
I see on darkside and Npsheads website that upgraded valve springs are ok with stock lift, so i imagine cant use them with reground camshafts 0.8mm more lift ?

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Subbed. Awesome build, cant' wait to see the outcome.

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
I see on darkside and Npsheads website that upgraded valve springs are ok with stock lift, so i imagine cant use them with reground camshafts 0.8mm more lift ?
I am certain that the valve springs Ryan (darkside) is offering work with the extra lift. I can't speak for the ones at nps but might be same product. There are very few viable options that will fit the valve spring space we have.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
I am pretty sure the outcome will be great, the only thing untouched is the engine block for the moment.
Camshafts + 262 valves + springs, ported head, new valve seats and profiles, i'm pretty sure the cyl. head will not be an issue.

The only thing i hate its the time it takes to finish it.
Till head work is done i'll keep busy ;)

Last edited:

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
Be interesting to see the comparison when we have both finished :)
I have a strong suspicion the difference will be in the tune.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
I dont expect much difference to be honest, because when you do a top remap, its not like you can do it in 10 different ways.
To achieve the best result tuner a and b must do pretty much the same almost identical tweaks. Maybe i am wrong.
I embarked on this cyl head tuning just because you, Bobby and Ruben sustained that the cyl. head is so limited in airflow and then decided to take it to the maximum.

ported, camshafts, valves and upgraded turbo should be ok for those 315-320 that are well within the block limits.
BKD untouched does 340-360hp (if they dont lie) so our cyl heads now should be more than enough for a GTB2265

The only bad part is that its freezing cold outside, and i work in the open.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Jamie: consider the 2.0 TFSI engine, all top tuners get to the same 380hp with stock turbo, it will be the same with the 2.0 CR with similar setup. 20hp is to big as a difference.
I will do initial launch then final tune on different dyno to have independent measurements (that nobody can argue about), my tuner doesnt know this.

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
20bhp difference would be fine giving the variations in dyno, overall engine health, and any differences in mapping etc.

I mean if we look at the cars claiming 280bhp on stock head.... :)

I will do a variety of dynos as well...will be interesting buddy.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
what i dont understand is how a less flowing head like pd 16v bkd (7-8%) less flow is able to do 80-100hp more than yours

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
It may bench flow more but in working operation with different cam profiles etc it may not be the same effect. Holding all valves open and pushing air through isn't a good test to compare.

My car is the same speed as any other cr...Aurons 1/8 et and mph are same as mine and he has dsg.
I suspect we are all at similar figures.

Time will tell. We may have a small restriction elsewhere eg dp flange or tip but who knows :)

When head is back from porting we can measure improvement in air flow.. we are where we are.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Project is going forward slower than anticipated.
Turbine is being totally transformed in Italy.
Working on the head takes more time than anticipated. Have to take so many measures in order to mount the camshfts.
So far everything is ok.
Have to measure spring distance at full lift ..1mm between spirals

Nobody has springs that can work with Dbilas camshafts. Only with oem lift.

Built in 10 minutes a tool to remove springs , testing on a spare cyl head i have.

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Cyl head is ported, valve job and closed, hybrid turbine everything upgraded inside, just arrived.
Now its time for engine block , oil pump upgrade and some other internal goodies.

Hope we have enough fuel

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Work in progress with new everything
KS bearings, rosten bearings, corteco seals etc.
Measured with plastigage, tolerances were spot on with what manual says NEW 0.04mm , but will change everything anyway since it's opened.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
my springs work with more than stock lift

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Pistons cleaned even under the rings, every combo piston-rod has same weight now

This should be delivered today, and i can proceed to reassembling the engine

Last edited: