www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old January 10th, 2018, 09:43   #6646
tobianogreg
Veteran Member

Thinking the chances of a diesel CX5 release grow ever dimmer.

Ford diesel trucks sued over emissions.
tobianogreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 17:34   #6647
tobianogreg
Veteran Member

New” 2016 Audi Q5 TDI. Don’t much like the interior colour.
Old January 13th, 2018, 06:28   #6648
onslaught192

Default service

started my buyback paperwork but not planning to give back the car any time soon

if i need to get service done to the vehicle (be it oil, trans. flush or mech work), will the dealership do anything to the vehicle that could jeopardize my buyout?

scanner recently came up showing my #2 glow plug has an issue but it was during the cold snap of -30-40 degress

any issue if i were to bring it in or should i look to move on from it sooner than later?

thanks
onslaught192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 07:18   #6649
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

I don't understand your question.

Whether you return a vehicle in pristine condition with all maintenance done, or whether you return a beat-up neglected wreck as long as it is "complete" and "runs under its own power" - you will get the SAME amount in the buyback.

If they do the "fix" without your knowledge and without any paperwork it's not your problem, but don't sign anything allowing them to do it, and say "no" if they ask.
GoFaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 10:07   #6650
onslaught192

so if the cluster is lit up like a christmas tree and shakes, it's all good?

just dont want any surprises
onslaught192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 09:31   #6651
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

For buyback - It only has to start and run under its own power, no matter how badly or how many warning lights are on, and it has to be a complete car. It came with fenders, it has to have fenders, doesn't matter how many dents. It came with a radio, it has to have a radio, doesn't matter if it's original or aftermarket or if it works at all. And so forth.

It is starting to look like all of the buybacks except the 2015s are "disappearing" anyhow.
Old January 14th, 2018, 10:10   #6652
1975 Kombi

I tried to find the answer in this thread but it is long. lol. Quick question.

If I buy a 2011 - 2013 Touareg TDI today will I be entitled to any kind of cash????
1975 Kombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 10:13   #6653
1975 Kombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
I don't understand your question.

Whether you return a vehicle in pristine condition with all maintenance done, or whether you return a beat-up neglected wreck as long as it is "complete" and "runs under its own power" - you will get the SAME amount in the buyback.

If they do the "fix" without your knowledge and without any paperwork it's not your problem, but don't sign anything allowing them to do it, and say "no" if they ask.
I saw pics from a returned Jetta TDI in Georgetown, ON where the owner kicked in every panel on the Jetta 2 mins before driving it in and they took it with no questions. Roof, hood, truck lid and left his foot prints on every stomp.
1975 Kombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 15:28   #6654
PlaneCrazy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Gone...

I returned ours with a broken front coil spring, way overdue for maintenance, and on winter steelies with end-of-life snow tires. No issues whatsoever. I handed over the keys. The RP representative started it up, drove it a few metres, shut it off, and signed over our cheque. We then crossed the cubicle partition to the sales rep, handed over the cheque plus some more $, and got our new car. The whole time with the RP agent was under 10 minutes.
'16 Marinoni Genius/Campy Record, '94 Marinoni Special/Campy Record
PlaneCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 20:24   #6655
tobianogreg
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobianogreg View Post
ďNewĒ 2016 Audi Q5 TDI. Donít much like the interior colour.
Wow, drive it off the lot lose $15,000 according to CBB. What a deal.
Old January 18th, 2018, 14:30   #6656
Booth44

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are asking.
Given that VW has given up attempting to get the 2012-2014 Passats with manual transmission fixed and that's what you own, it would seem that the "chances" (sic) of NOT getting a fix are 100% in your case.
If you want to get something out of VW, your only choice will be buyback. If you don't file for buyback by the deadline, forever hold your peace.
Any insight as to what will happen with these cars with respect to plate renewals in Ontario? I still have another year until I need to renew my sticker...hoping to avoid a buyback if possible. Don't want VW's $$$, just hoping to keep this car (2013 Passat manual transmission).
Old January 18th, 2018, 15:02   #6657
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

No one knows yet.
Old January 19th, 2018, 06:49   #6658
ecode
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Mk6 Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975 Kombi View Post
I tried to find the answer in this thread but it is long. lol. Quick question.

If I buy a 2011 - 2013 Touareg TDI today will I be entitled to any kind of cash????
You'll have to wait for the settlement to come out....

But I would suspect it will model itself after the 2.0L one.
ecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2018, 11:36   #6659
thsheet

TDI(s): 2014 PASSAT
Fuel Economy: first 8 fill-ups = 46.8 US gal

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are asking.
Given that VW has given up attempting to get the 2012-2014 Passats with manual transmission fixed and that's what you own, it would seem that the "chances" (sic) of NOT getting a fix are 100% in your case.
If you want to get something out of VW, your only choice will be buyback. If you don't file for buyback by the deadline, forever hold your peace.
I got off the phone with the claims people. They told me that itís a no go in the states, not Canada. I still have a chance for a fix but what the chance is I am not sure. I will have to wait and see
thsheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 14:55   #6660
PlaneCrazy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thsheet View Post
I got off the phone with the claims people. They told me that itís a no go in the states, not Canada. I still have a chance for a fix but what the chance is I am not sure. I will have to wait and see
It will be interesting to see; the Canadian emissions regulations are essentially the EPA emissions regulations.
'16 Marinoni Genius/Campy Record, '94 Marinoni Special/Campy Record
PlaneCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote