FOR SALE 2004 Jetta Sedan GLS TDI MK4 - Alexandria, VA

Rockyrock

TDI
Jetta 2004 Blue
2004 Jetta Sedan GLS TDI MK4 - 5 speed overdrive manual transmission w/100 HP 1.9L Pumpe Deuse diesel engine, Galactic Blue w/ black velour interior.
176,375 miles
My wife and I are the original owners, bought new 3/31/2005. My wife was primary driver and is meticulous. We have maintained the car well. I have all service records including... wife kept meticulous MPG tracking book/logs for life of car and pretty much all her diesel fuel purchase receipts! Regular oil changes w/505.01 always. Regular air, cabin & diesel fuel filter changes as well. New timing belt & water pump at 100,000 miles. New Koni shocks front & back installed this year. Newer brakes and rotors. Air conditioning works. All recalls done. Michelin tires in good shape. Monster mats. Ordered new center wheel caps as one is missing and the others look a little worn. Ordered new center console storage lid. It has one that functions, but the open latch broke off. Ordered new cigarette lighter assembly. These items are being shipped to me from China. Original factory wheels in good shape (no corrosion). Sun roof/moon roof functional.
Hate to sell the car, but wife wants to purchase a new 2015 TDI Golf manual Sportwagen at a dealer. VW is now selling their backlogged 2015's as you probably are aware. She wants to upgrade to newer and she says she must get a TDI again - spoiled! Have original window sticker as well. Will convey Bentley Service Manual and all odds & ends parts I have. Just today changed the oil & filter (Lubro Moly 505.01), cabin air filter, air filter & diesel fuel filter (all Mann filters). If you buy before the few parts I ordered yesterday arrive, I will send them to you when they come in.
Minor flaws? The clear coat is starting to peel a little on the front hood only. The metal trim on the passenger side rear door ding trim fell off. I have the metal, but not sure if it is salvageable - maybe an expert could renew and reinstall? The drivers side sun visor is intact but comes loose when deployed - again, a more handy person could probably fix this easily.
2016 MPG stats- 38MPG 2016 average - high 44.2/ low 34.7

$4,500.00 or make reasonable offer. SOLD 4/22/2017

Email me at mitchrockwell@me.com if interested.
I will post photos soon - that is if I can figure out how to do it! :) In the meantime... if you really want photos fast, I could email them to interested buyers.

Last edited:

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
'67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '10 Cup Edition
OP sent me a few pictures. Posting them here just to help him out.

Rockyrock

TDI
Jetta 2004 Blue
Price Change - 2004 VW Jetta TDI 1.9 PD manual

Okay, I'm not getting much interest in my TDI for sale at $5,500.00. I either haven't given it enough time to sell or my price is too high.

I know that the average Joe will look up Edmunds or KBB and see private party values of around $3,000.00... but as we know, they are people that are not "in the know" about the reliability and long life of these cars with the "pumpe deuse" engine.

So, in the interest of generating more interest in this car and selling it ...

I am cutting the price to $4,500.00/offer.

SOLD 4/22/2017 for asking price of $4,500.00

Last edited:

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
2004 Jetta Sedan GLS TDI MK4 - 5 speed overdrive manual transmission w/100 HP 1.9L Pumpe Deuse diesel engine, Galactic Blue w/ black velour interior.
176,375 miles
My wife and I are the original owners, bought new 3/31/2005. My wife was primary driver and is meticulous. We have maintained the car well. I have all service records including... wife kept meticulous MPG tracking book/logs for life of car and pretty much all her diesel fuel purchase receipts! Regular oil changes w/505.01 always. Regular air, cabin & diesel fuel filter changes as well. New timing belt & water pump at 100,000 miles. New Koni shocks front & back installed this year. Newer brakes and rotors. Air conditioning works. All recalls done. Michelin tires in good shape. Monster mats. Ordered new center wheel caps as one is missing and the others look a little worn. Ordered new center console storage lid. It has one that functions, but the open latch broke off. Ordered new cigarette lighter assembly. These items are being shipped to me from China. Original factory wheels in good shape (no corrosion). Sun roof/moon roof functional.
Hate to sell the car, but wife wants to purchase a new 2015 TDI Golf manual Sportwagen at a dealer. VW is now selling their backlogged 2015's as you probably are aware. She wants to upgrade to newer and she says she must get a TDI again - spoiled! Have original window sticker as well. Will convey Bentley Service Manual and all odds & ends parts I have. Just today changed the oil & filter (Lubro Moly 505.01), cabin air filter, air filter & diesel fuel filter (all Mann filters). If you buy before the few parts I ordered yesterday arrive, I will send them to you when they come in.
Minor flaws? The clear coat is starting to peel a little on the front hood only. The metal trim on the passenger side rear door ding trim fell off. I have the metal, but not sure if it is salvageable - maybe an expert could renew and reinstall? The drivers side sun visor is intact but comes loose when deployed - again, a more handy person could probably fix this easily.
2016 MPG stats- 38MPG 2016 average - high 44.2/ low 34.7

$4,500.00 or make reasonable offer. SOLD 4/22/2017

Email me at mitchrockwell@me.com if interested.
I will post photos soon - that is if I can figure out how to do it! :) In the meantime... if you really want photos fast, I could email them to interested buyers.
Thank you for posting the sale price. I have a wagon almost identical in color and mechanical condition coming up for sale. Your sale price helps me know what to expect.