Call me crazy! New member of the V10 family.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I would have to say that's a hell of a find. That's in perfect condition. The V10 gods are looking out for you.:D

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
The remote control for the Webasto showed up yesterday. Hopefully the shop finishes up the differential swap this coming week and I can get it back and installed! They've been dragging their feet a little bit because they've been busy or something.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Is that a reference to the snow? How much have you gotten? We've had over 2 feet in Boston, and another foot/foot-and-a-half due tomorrow! :eek:

Jmmybuckles

TDI
05.5 jetta
You can't have it, it's mine! ;)

There's a real beater V10 at Ted Britt Chevrolet in Sterling that got traded in on a 2007 V10 that they had. I'd stay far away from it though - check engine light, emissions workshop codes, aftermarket wheels with no keys, interior soft touch paint is pretty beat up, headlights are flickering, and to top it off they think it's worth well north of $10K ($13K is the price they told me... LOL). My understanding is they're getting it "ready" for auction. :rolleyes:[/Q

Thanks for the heads up. Was going to start looking at auctions next.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Springfield VW has a 2007 V10 with 97,000 miles on it. They're asking $20,400 and they have a sticker that says KBB is $21,000. Actual KBB value is $15,000... I checked it myself. Lying bastards.

Pretty nice truck if you can get it for the right price. $20,000 is not the right price. Color combo is dark turquoise and teak... very sharp.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...VOLKS[TOUAREG[]][]]&listingId=390692045&Log=0

It just had all 10 glow plugs changed and an issue corrected with the wiring harness. I stopped in and chatted with the mechanic who was working it.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
If anyone is interested in it, I could go take it for a test drive and auto-scan it. It's only a mile from my house.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
That's a real nice one. But Amy would never let me buy it:D

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Thinking of trading yours in?

If there had been a v10 local when we got the 09, i'd be all over it.
No way. I'm happy with my pre-DPF 2004. I get to pick it up from the shop tonight, too... they got the diff job done and did an alignment... just waiting for a test drive and a once-over before they release it. :cool:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Lawson,

With regard to the Navteq CD's I'm sorry to say that I only have 6 CD's.

I'm missing midatlantic, southeast (I don't know where they are) and the west coast (sold them). But everything else including Canada. You guys can have them. I'll bring them to the GTG in Annapolis.

Sorry about that.

You can get those two on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw...kw=vw&_sacat=0

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Lawson,

With regard to the Navteq CD's I'm sorry to say that I only have 6 CD's.

I'm missing midatlantic, southeast (I don't know where they are) and the west coast (sold them). But everything else including Canada. You guys can have them. I'll bring them to the GTG in Annapolis.

Sorry about that.

You can get those two on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw...kw=vw&_sacat=0
No worries, Lito. I called Navteq today to see what they had available and the most recent CD version is from 2010 (5 years ago). They said that the price for the set of 10 is $250! Apparently VW mandates that pricing, so they recommended that I talk to a VW dealer about getting some sort of discount. $250 for some 5-year out-of-date CDs is absurd. :eek:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No worries, Lito. I called Navteq today to see what they had available and the most recent CD version is from 2010 (5 years ago). They said that the price for the set of 10 is $250! Apparently VW mandates that pricing, so they recommended that I talk to a VW dealer about getting some sort of discount. $250 for some 5-year out-of-date CDs is absurd. :eek:
I will keep looking I have a feeling the CD's are together but don't know if I still have them. If I can find them, they're yours! I also have a leather carrying case with "Touareg" on the front!

L

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So Lawson,

After I posted, I looked in one box of misc vw stuff and nothing. Then I looked at two dead MFD's one bricked(firmware update) and the other a friend's that is defective.

Pulled my friend's cover off the top and guess what's sitting in the Navi?

MIDATLANTIC CD! YAHOOOOOOO!!!!

You're also getting these. SVTWEB gave them to me. I don't know if they will work but I'll let you figure that out.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Sweet! Thanks Lito!

I got the truck back from the shop tonight! It's so quiet on the highway that it makes the Passat sound like a city bus or something... I can't believe how smooth it is. :cool:

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
Grats on getting her on the road.

I agree on the noise, or lack of. And lack of diesel smell. I kinda miss it, some days :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
The 2004 smells like a real diesel, especially at start-up. :)

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
Mine will until the DEF get's going. When it's realy cold i can hear it. Not like the Jetta, could here that in the house when it's cold :)

TDI
2013 Cayenne diesel, 2014 JSW, 2004 Touareg V10 (past)
I got the truck back from the shop tonight! It's so quiet on the highway that it makes the Passat sound like a city bus or something... I can't believe how smooth it is. :cool:
That's great! I know you'll enjoy the truck.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Next on the list is to install the Webasto remote control. That'll be happening this weekend hopefully.