FS: ALH and Mercedes stuff

alkidd

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Where do you find a 5L WW container? I dont know why the manufacturers dont all design their cars where a standard 4L jug drops in. Hide the battery down low and use some of that space for a jug.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
alkidd said:
I dont know why the manufacturers dont all design their cars where a standard 4L jug drops in.
Do you think the manufacturers actually think of the end user??? Two things come to mind: (1) the use of 3L containers permits the dealerships to charge the customer for filling the reservoir, but still have some left over to sell to another customer... (2) The way products are packaged and marketed lately, with less volume sold for the same price (see coffee cans and other consumer items that have shrunk over the past decade(s)...), they anticipate that windshield washer fluid will soon be sold in 3L jugs... so in a way, they're ahead of their time !!!!!

Y.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
ymz said:
Do you think the manufacturers actually think of the end user??? Two things come to mind: (1) the use of 3L containers permits the dealerships to charge the customer for filling the reservoir, but still have some left over to sell to another customer... (2) The way products are packaged and marketed lately, with less volume sold for the same price (see coffee cans and other consumer items that have shrunk over the past decade(s)...), they anticipate that windshield washer fluid will soon be sold in 3L jugs... so in a way, they're ahead of their time !!!!!

Y.
Think hot dogs and buns. You always have to buy more buns than you need.

manicjettatdi

TDI
'99.5 Jetta TDI
alkidd said:
Where do you find a 5L WW container? I dont know why the manufacturers dont all design their cars where a standard 4L jug drops in. Hide the battery down low and use some of that space for a jug.
Got mine off idparts.com down in the US.

Not sure about up here in Canuckistan...

alkidd

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
ymz said:
Do you think the manufacturers actually think of the end user???
Its really as much of the designers as anything else. They dont think of the poor mechanic who needs arms with three elbows or 19 swivel joints on a socket. If anyone gets a skim on the WW fluid its the dealers which recent history has shown, the manufacturers dont give a damn about ether.

Manufacturers should want a standard jug so they dont have to tool for it or figure out how to mount the twisted and convoluted ones they keep coming up with.

Malec

I am interested in buying the 4 Mercedes rims with the hubcaps if the rims are original German-made rims. PM me and send your phone number so I can call you and discuss when and how I can pick them up since I live in the Greater Toronto area.

Malec

I am definitely intereted and ready to buy IF you find they are original German-made rims. I could come to pick up This Thursday the 4th. Please PM again and give me your phone# so we can discuss exact time, place, etc.
Thanks, Ernest

manicjettatdi

TDI
'99.5 Jetta TDI
Malec said:
I am definitely intereted and ready to buy IF you find they are original German-made rims. I could come to pick up This Thursday the 4th. Please PM again and give me your phone# so we can discuss exact time, place, etc.
Thanks, Ernest
I'll be ablel to verify if they are the OEM rims tomorrow (Wed) night. As for thurs, I've got a night school class that evening, so I have a limited amount of time between work and getting to class...

Malec

Thanks for the message. If you verify on Wednesday that they are OEM rims, please PM me with your phone # so we can discuss mutually convenient pick up on Friday/Saturday..?
Ernest