is this a rip off?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Howdy, Mr. Krash. She's purdy.

Q: Victim of extreme re-conditioning or a truly well-cared for Jetta TDI ?

Welcome to Fred's!

mohawk69

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4, 1996 B4V, 2000 Beetle TDI
Ithink I'm starting to find a common theme here. Maybe you should refine your search technique.

In another thread, you lament the fact you're unable to find a TDI. Everyone you look at is gone before you can lay your hands on it. Let me ask you this. If I posted a legitimate ad for a little old lady who was selling her dead husbands PERFECT TDI with low miles for $3,000 and asked blindly if it's a ripoff, what would you do? Would you say, "Hell, no. It's a great deal" or would you overnight her a deposit?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Some folks are gun-shy and can't pull the trigger when it's time. Krash, are you a shy boy?

Give it a for more weeks. It takes a little time for the reality of $4.25 to sink in.

kraash

TDI
none
ya im a tad gun shy.. but the ones that are reasonable i would jump on if i ever had the chance.... never have. 7k is a rip.. for 4 k less i could get some ghay corrola and even at 425 it would take 6 years to break even. and if some one posted a old lady tdi for 3k it would be gone when i called... that is the theme. that or it would be a scam.

mohawk69

Veteran Member
TDI
Ony you can decide what you think is reasonable. If you think you can find a car like that for $3k then I would identify that as search problem #2. OTOH, I'm looking for a 63 split window vette for $2,200. It's old after all. Plus, every time I find one that a widow found in her husband's barn for $3,000 is always gone when I finally call. All my friends on the vette forums think it's a fair deal when I post my finds there. My search continues.

kraash

TDI
none
ya, one of these days ill nab one,, and when i do your gunna see the longest woot post of all time... till than i guess ill just drive some rusty ghay civic/corrola... either way, the xterras gotta go =(

veggieman

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf
My Wife had a schweet XTerra a year or so ago and even with the 5-speed, (4wd) best we ever managed on the hwy was 15mpg. What a great truck though!

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
That car is on Ebay - I saw it yesterday on my daily views of TDI Jettas &Passats on Ebay.......

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr
In another thread, you lament the fact you're unable to find a TDI. Everyone you look at is gone before you can lay your hands on it. Let me ask you this. If I posted a legitimate ad for a little old lady who was selling her dead husbands PERFECT TDI with low miles for $3,000 and asked blindly if it's a ripoff, what would you do? Would you say, "Hell, no. It's a great deal" or would you overnight her a deposit?[/quote]

Off topic here, but this post brought back some memories. Back in the 70's we were living in Philadelphia, and the 'little old lady' across the street was always manicuring her lawn, and planting flowers, as she always did that time of year. However, this one time she left the garage door open and for the first time I saw that she actually had a car in there, because she never drove, and didn't have a license. It was a "station wagon" and she was using it as a storage shed for her plants and gardening tools. She asked me to help her got a bag of fertilizer out of the garage, and that's when I almost sh**!! Her "station wagon" was a 57' Chevy Nomad, 4-speed with the Hi-Po 283 engine in it. It had been her husband's and it seems that he died not long after he got the car, and that was her favorite memory of him. I tried every which way to buy it, but she wouldn't even consider it. I moved about a year later, so I have no idea whatever happened to it.

mohawk69

Veteran Member
TDI
You're not so far that a weekend drive to check on it would be on my schedule. Let her know you'd love to have it and would care for it as her husband did. Give her a card with your name and number. Who knows what might happen.