www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old Yesterday, 13:49   #4081
b1jackson
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_MacCara View Post
I'm planning on swapping my good snow tires onto my alloy rims, and putting my worn summers on my winter steel rims, then turning the car in with the steelies + worn summer tires.
The "I'm sorry" credit card bought me a new set of summers last year for my OEM alloys. I have a 16" set of plasti dipped winter alloys with a set of winters that have another year on them.

So off I went to kijiji and found a set of rusty 15" steelies with worn winters on them. That's what I'm taking it back with. Everything else is staying with me for my 2015 they have on hold for me.
b1jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:56   #4082
PlaneCrazy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Passat 7 L/100 km Golf Wagon 4.8 L/100 km avg, Golf TSI 6.0 L/100 km avg (summer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW928 View Post
Good questions and points. I'm sure many of us are in this situation re: tires/rims
Hopefully it doesn't matter what you turn it in with, as I might be best to keep my snow tires (as they have lots of life left) either on the current rims, or swap them to the ones the summer tires are on (original alloy wheels).
I'm really close to the 90k maintenance, but I think at this point, even if I go over a bit it won't be a big deal, as I think that's primarily to keep any warranty valid, right? There's no point in spending $600+ anymore.
Good question, ours just ticked over 90k km this week and is overdue for maintenance. The only thing I see in the settlement is having to drive into the dealer's lot under its own power. The big fear would be an HPFP failure but the warranty on that is only good till 80k.

Right now I'm waiting to see how long the process will take. If it's more than a few weeks before we get our replacement wagon, I may do just an oil and filter change to be safe.
05 Passat TDI
79 Beech Sundowner, '16 Marinoni Genius/Campy Record, '94 Marinoni Special/Campy Record
PlaneCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:02   #4083
SteveW928

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneCrazy View Post
Good question, ours just ticked over 90k km this week and is overdue for maintenance. The only thing I see in the settlement is having to drive into the dealer's lot under its own power. The big fear would be an HPFP failure but the warranty on that is only good till 80k.
Right now I'm waiting to see how long the process will take. If it's more than a few weeks before we get our replacement wagon, I may do just an oil and filter change to be safe.
Yea, that's the way I'm reading it too. Tires/rims are something that people regularly change, so I doubt they'd complain about not having the OEMs. And, if people can drive in a highly damaged one... our nearly flawless one should be worth a lot more unless they are all just going to the crusher (in which case they shouldn't care about rims).

I'm hoping to have a replacement within the next week or two. We'd have had one already, but a couple of the deals fell through. We're fortunate enough to have enough in savings to buy before having to wait for the check (and then the check can replenish those funds). I'm planning on just parking it once we get the replacement.

-
SteveW928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:07   #4084
Rob_MacCara
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobianogreg View Post
We're there ever Q3 TDI's in NA or just EU? (Looking around this site it looks like just Q5s and 7s. )
I don't believe the TDI was an option on the Q3 here.
Old Yesterday, 17:20   #4085
n1d0n
Veteran Member

I just looked and it says that my documents are good
n1d0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:24   #4086
Reactorface

Wink just to clear this up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin_Joe View Post
Thanks for stepping up and clearing that up...lol
but out of context....really...
I have been skimming over everything that has been posted here, making sure I am not missing something and as you can tell it definitely caught my attention.
Thanks Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbus320
I am in the Canadian owner of US suit and am only used to the estimator on that page but it breaks it down to black book value of 2015 plus sorry money OR the fix money.

Many of the posts I've been seeing on the FaceBook page have people quoting prices that I think are fair then they say plus the sorry money which I'm thinking is way more than what I have been quoted on the US site. This leads me to believe that the price given by the Canadian estimator are both 2015 CBB plus sorry money combined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

don't forget to add the exchange rate as we will be compensated in US $$$

Actually i was referring to the above poster
Airbus320 and i who own TDI s that were originally registered in the U.S. and subsequently imported to Canada. recently we found out that our vehicles would be covered by the U.S. settlements. which means U.S. dollars.
Reactorface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:35   #4087
Smokin_Joe
Veteran Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactorface View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbus320
I am in the Canadian owner of US suit and am only used to the estimator on that page but it breaks it down to black book value of 2015 plus sorry money OR the fix money.

Many of the posts I've been seeing on the FaceBook page have people quoting prices that I think are fair then they say plus the sorry money which I'm thinking is way more than what I have been quoted on the US site. This leads me to believe that the price given by the Canadian estimator are both 2015 CBB plus sorry money combined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

don't forget to add the exchange rate as we will be compensated in US $$$

Actually i was referring to the above poster
Airbus320 and i who own TDI s that were originally registered in the U.S. and subsequently imported to Canada. recently we found out that our vehicles would be covered by the U.S. settlements. which means U.S. dollars.
Oh rub it in
I am just so jealous now....
I have been reading how everyone plans on droppin less than perfect cars off, steel rims etc and I guess we will be posting some custom rubber mats up for sale soon.
Our car is mint and because of the hidden HPFP problem we will be so happy to part ways with VW...
Glad you guys are getting covered

Last edited by Smokin_Joe; Yesterday at 19:41.
Smokin_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote