Feeler: '03 Jetta Wagon, 5 spd, Reflex Silver, Truckee, CA

cumminsfromthecold

Veteran Member
TDI
'84 Toyota 1Z 4WD x-cab, '13 Jetta Wagon
FS: '03 Jetta Wagon, 5 spd, Reflex Silver, Truckee, CA, $9800

173k miles. I just installed a new rear crank seal, Sachs OEM clutch with DM flywheel, tie rod ends, lower ball joints, and fresh GL4 synthetic tranny fluid. Wheels and tires balanced and mounted. New Viton injection return lines, new fuel, air and oil/oil filter, new shift boot, and new rear lid shocks as well.

Update: IM and EGR cleaning complete, Cascade German-supplied complete 100k mile timing belt/serp belt/water pump/tensioner etc. redo ($420 in parts). Front crank seal and cam seal.

It runs and looks great and has only little, minor cosmetic flaws expected in a 13 year old car. I'm the 2nd owner. It's a one-owner car from TX. I have the original window sticker (42 city, 53 hwy: see below). Great tires and brakes (80% left on both). Black/black cloth interior in 8.5-10 shape. Monsoon cassette/CD includes 3.5mm cassette adapter for iPhones, Droids etc. Brand new plastic headlight lenses.

The only down sides to this car are the scratches on the front bumper. Slightly cracked RR taillight, the dam*ed glove box barely hanging on, and the barely functioning cargo cover in back - all cosmetic stuff. Everything electronic works. Seriously. :D

$9800. You may say I'm a dreamer, but this is CA and there are no other such cars for sale, much less with known maintenance history. Somewhere in CA there's a person who knows exactly the value of this car with all the work done by someone who knows MK4 TDIs, uses all German parts, and just wants the next 100k miles to be pretty trouble free and perhaps on straight bioDiesel. Please post only if you have serious inquiries. I'm in no hurry to sell.

Registered until Jan '17. Clean title in my name.

Thanks ~

Last edited:

cumminsfromthecold

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 173k miles, 5 speed, 2nd owner

Went to take pics and the phone had died. With my laptop very weakly charging it, I took a few pics before it died again.

Notice the cracked RR taillight. All lights work fine on the car. No dents in this pic; just some shadowplay.

Few scratches on the back bumper.

Foggy headlights, standard for 13 year old Jettas, soon to be replaced with glass lenses. All front louvers are there, too.

Cargo cover escaped its rollers for cleaning car. I am putting it back together. Opens and closes smoothly.

Interior is very clean - there's dust in this pic because I moved tools in it today after work.

Here is the bloody glovebox hanging in there. Looking to replace this, too.

Just aligned (front wheels rebalanced) after the new clutch and rear crank main seal, lower ball joints, and tie rod ends. Drives straight and pulls strong. Timing belt and intake manifold cleaning up next.

Last edited:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Wow - when it's time for me to sell my 03 Jetta Wagon, I'm moving to Cali!
If yours is $9800, then mine with PP764 / VNT17 / Malone Stage4, 6sp. MT, leather, sunroof, MFSW, Pioneer NEX, FIS cluster, HID projectors, and (most importantly) cupholders near the parking brake, is what - $13K?!

At that price, you are indeed gonna need to find the right person. However, if you are reading the market correctly (more power to you), and you get that price, I'm putting a FS sign on my car the next time I"m down there. :)

I do sincerely wish you good luck with the sale.

cumminsfromthecold

Veteran Member
TDI
Additional pics

... of the blemishes. Just completed an 800 mile trip. Drives great. Even runs well - just a sooted intake manifold increasing turbo lag, otherwise smooth and straight the whole trip. New wipers all around. :D

I have the other two new/black front grill pieces. Will include with sale.

There are three screw holes in the bumper presently but there's not a dent in the fender, just a bent reflection.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Nuje I'm with you if this sells for 7k or more we can make the trip to Cali together, shoot 14-15k is definitely possible for my gem but hey I'll let it go for 12k and a first class ticket back home. :D

Bajan

cumminsfromthecold

Veteran Member
TDI
Advertise your car in CA (with all those mods and maint. items having under 1000 miles, like the stuff I've done and am doing) and see what happens. No need to clutter my thread with wonder, speculation and hypotheticals.

Last edited:

01tdinoob

TDI
01 Golf GLS
Donner Lake in the background of the first pics? Free bump for a great town, have family out in Glenshire

cumminsfromthecold

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon For Sale

Yep, that's Donner Lake.

Intake manifold and EGR cleaning, Cascade German-supplied complete 100k mile timing belt, serpentine belt, water pump, tensioner, rollers, front main crank seal and cam seal, etc. will be completed by May 1, as will the installation of new headlight lenses.

Car will be available for sale with all work completed.

Last edited:

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Advertise your car in CA (with all those mods and maint. items having under 1000 miles, like the stuff I've done and am doing) and see what happens. No need to clutter my thread with wonder, speculation and hypotheticals.
This fellow is a good friend of mine and I'll agree with him here. California doesn't deal with rust other than SOME mountain cars, etc. Prices are high here and holding their value. Diesel is still 2.50 a gallon plus here in CA, so the fuel prices are propping up demand and cost.

Don't like it? Fine...but don't piss on someone else's parade.

GLWS!! I think 8500 is a little on the high side, but you may well find someone willing to pay it! :D That's def a clean car.

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Wow, that car retailed for $19,865 in 2003 and the car was built in Germany with German parts and powertrain.

VW needs to pull there head out of their rectum and offer a TDI Wagon again, similar to this one.
If they could get that retail pricing under $20k and build a rock solid product; they just might be able to climb out of the big hole they dug
themselves into with this emissions debacle.

Nice car and nice photos. Good luck with the sale.

Soupinmycoupe

Veteran Member
TDI
Manual ALH wagons.
I would love it if this wagon sold for that much.

Says the guy that owns 2 of them.

Bump for you, and good luck!

cumminsfromthecold

Veteran Member
TDI
For Sale

All of the aforementioned mechanical work is complete, including intake manifold and EGR cleaning and new IM gasket. Car runs beautifully. $9800.

Last edited:

cumminsfromthecold

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta Wagon for sale.

This car is again for sale.

Thanks VW and TDI scandal for lowering its value. $8000. New headlight lenses, 183k miles, nice snow tires and wheels, locking crossbars, other stuff. Needs only shocks and struts to go 100,000 more miles with minimal worries. Wife's upcoming surgery forces sale.

Current state and new ad:
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/6092093758.html

Thanks ~

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I think it's safe to conclude that the TDI scandal has increased its value. ALHs are more in demand now than they have been for years.

Tatronation

TDI
2002 Jetta wagon TDI
The scandal has increased value of wagon, in CA for sure .... but $8000?

you may think it's crazy but wagons are in high demand. Ive been offered 10k+by multiple people for my alh wagon with 65k on it.