Bora Parts is Now Cascade German Parts!

Dieselmonkey02

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta
^^^ what they've been saying ^^^

Give us some drop downs like the Bora site had. I was told that they are working on it. In all honesty if I hadn't dealt with them before I would pass the current site up and go somewhere else.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
The site is confusing and difficult to deal with. I have trouble finding what I need. I have a lot of trouble on the AAR site also. If I am going to order parts from Bora (Cascade), I usually call Aaron first. My first "go to" is neither one of the one's I mentioned.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
I too like the place but not the new Web site. I haven't ordered just yet. About the only way to find things is asking the write search. If you contact them they are VERY good though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
I think the thing that I personally liked about the old Bora-TDI site was the way I could easily locate everything they Sold and offered for my 2005 Passat TDI. Everything broke down by make and model and the Bora site showed much more selection and more product offerings. It also seemed easier to navigate.

I.E. -- A lot of the stuff (items) that were on the old site are not offered or pictured on the new site.

Hope they find the old web developer and re-hire him or her -- :eek:

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
We have some major updates that should address most of these concerns. The biggest problem with the old site was that it was 20th century technology with 20th century security. The new site has a lot more security, capability, options for multiple pictures, short descriptions that are not view-able but are searchable (we're also accounting for misspellings) and the like - the unfortunate problem is that we're trying to take 12 years of updates and add them as soon as we can. The finished product we're pretty sure is going to be a lot better than what we had, but in the meantime there are some gaps.

The search function is the way that I search for anything on there, for what it's worth.

I thought of perhaps doing away with a drill down and only searching by keyword but in the end we kept the capability to browse. I can see why having a drill down/browse function is helpful for those that want to peruse, the frustrating thing for me is that if it's not found that way then it's automatically assumed that we just don't carry it. *sigh*

We're working on it, stay patient guys!
-BB

Last edited:

Dieselmonkey02

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta
The way it is now it's incredibly hard to browse. Sometimes you just want to see what's available and compare ect. You can search for a specific thing if you know exactly what you're looking for, but that doesn't help much in a decision making process.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
The way it is now it's incredibly hard to browse. Sometimes you just want to see what's available and compare ect. You can search for a specific thing if you know exactly what you're looking for, but that doesn't help much in a decision making process.
I think Aaron understands that from previous posts. Sounds like it's a "work in process" right now.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
I think it will be much better when the site gets updated with pictures for the items being viewed.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Had been waiting to post my review of DC Stage 3 clutch w/ 17lb SMF and Peloquin LSD till it had some miles on it. Well, it's got 1600 miles on it and I'm really enjoying the engagement height and just how buttery smooth it is. Not to mention the pedal effort is STOCK (I have another GSW to compare to!). I like it so much, that something very similar will make it's way into the Jetta's 02J when it's SouthBend non-silent wears out.

Aaron was encouraging to speak with on the phone regarding his experience with the same clutch in a similar gearbox. I do think the packaging could have been a bit better with the clutch/flywheel, but it arrived with no issues. I also think there may be an issue with emails when answered from the site. On two different occasions when I received a response, and then responded back, I would not get any other communication.

Overall, very pleased with my decision to get this clutch and happy to be able to support a club vendor.

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Just another update - we finally finished compatibility on the site. It was a bit of a monumental effort on the back end of coming up with every iteration of each item, along with common key words, partial part numbers, misspellings as we thought of them, and the like - but the site should be a whole lot more user friendly now.

And we have our Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday sale up and running too. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
-BB

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I received two packages today and it made me appreciate the shipping guy at Cascade German.

One package was from Aaron's. It was a clutch line and it was packed in a USPS shipping box of a size that protected the part without any additional packing materials.

The other was from a tractor dealer. It was a rubber gasket for a Yanmar engine. It was looped up in it's plastic bag and was about 3"x4"x1/4". It was packed in a box that is. 12"x10"x9" and filled with paper to keep the rubber gasket from being damaged.

Seriously? This gasket could have been shipped in a 4x6 bubble envelope and been perfectly fine.

When I receive parts packed at Cascade German, there is barely any cushion packing because they try to use the smallest box possible and will even unbox some parts to make them fit in better and take up less space.

It's little things like this that I appreciate. I haven't bought from any of the other fine vendors here so I don't know how they ship stuff, so don't take this as comparing to anyone else - it's just my experience with Aaron and today made me realize how much I appreciate it.

In Haiku:

Why such a big box
A smaller box is better
Thank you much Aaron

Last edited:

desmo900

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I am a fan of Aaron’s but this website is horrible. The old one was the one of best automotive parts website I have ever encountered, the new one is unusable.

Soupinmycoupe

Veteran Member
TDI
Manual ALH wagons.
Aaron’s customer service is incredible. He helped me out when things weren’t going right and fixed the issue ASAP. I’ll definitely be buying from him again in the future.

I agree about the website, it’s hard to navigate.

aslspiderman

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta
Big shout out to Aaron and his team!

Hey all,

Just wanted to give Aaron and his team a big shout out for going above and beyond!

We’re currently escaping California for North Carolina. In Barstow, our alternator decided it wanted to rebel. Of course no one had a replacement for our mk3, within a two day wait.

I called Aaron and not only did he have one, his team put the clutch pulley on for me, as I didn’t have the special tool. Then he overnighted it to Albuquerque, where we were able to limp to. Picked it up and all is good again.

Thank you very much Aaron for helping us out of our minor dilemma. You and you team ROCK!!!

Louie710

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta sedan 2002 Jetta wagon
Ive tried to get a hold of these guys multiple times on the phone and social media in the past and never received a response. Everytime i call they say they will call back and never do

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Odd. I've always had someone pick up within 2-3 rings and help me out right away (e.g.when the oddball part I wanted wasn't available on the website).

Louie710

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta sedan 2002 Jetta wagon
Odd. I've always had someone pick up within 2-3 rings and help me out right away (e.g.when the oddball part I wanted wasn't available on the website).
Yeah wish i could say the same thing. Im not worried about it tho i already got everything i needed at the time elsewhere. I actually spoke to someone once, they took down my number to "call me back" but they never did. Im not the one to beg people to let me spend my money with them. I know that not everyone has the same experience with every vendor, take kerma for example, youll find a lot of mixed reviews on them a lot of good and a lot of bad. Im just here to share my experience with cascade as being a waste of time as they did not care for my business it seems

BleachedBora

TDI
Hi Louie,
Sorry for your experience, I've actually been quite sick since October 29 - something I haven't really publicized. Regardless I've tried my best from home and when I'm at work to get back to every phone call, but apparently you've slipped through the cracks, for which I sincerely apologize.

If you can PM me your info I'd like to see where our break down was and chat with your further. Thank you!
-Aaron