www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old March 12th, 2017, 21:31   #61
FlexYJeeper

TDI(s): MKIV Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarbulo View Post
we used to have a place like that in windsor, it was privately owned and open to anyone. sadly it went under. but had lifts, air, welders, benders, even paint booths!!! it was incredible! i really wish it was still around since i would likely be getting more into painting - i think it's an epic skill to have.

you're lucky to have access to a place to work, even if it costs a bit.
that sounds incredible, we cant do any painting, welding, and no benders. personally i miss my garage back home and all my tools but ive gotten now to where i really only go there if i HAVE to use a lift. i have all the other tools i need. mostly because when i go there i cant get a spot and end up doing the work in the barracks parking lot. we just did the timing belt on a 99 A4 2.8L quattro in the parking lot haha...
FlexYJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 20:16   #62
FlexYJeeper

Well today was painful.

and for the rest of the build....
Old March 23rd, 2017, 19:32   #63
FlexYJeeper

havent updated been busy with life and the motor swap

my order with cascade arrived the following friday with only a day of wait for shipping!

received a huge box full of other boxes with writing i cant understand

that monday i used my tow bar to tow my golf to Pudman's shop where we did the swap. got there monday about 10 and it took most of the day to get the motor out

we left the AC condenser connected to save the Freon

we used the turbo off my old motor as the one on the new motor was in good shape but the actuator did not test properly. my turbo was still got so we swapped the turbos.

Tuesday night we had it all buttoned up and running. didnt get too many pictures as our hands were full most of the time and i was fighting a dying 3 year old phone. i did forget my front grill in the shop so im grilless for the time being.

i picked up my new phone when i got home and cleaned the golf up. 200 miles on this motor and it runs like a top. the shutter valve isnt closing but thats not a huge deal at the moment.

cleaned up the golf and tried out the camera on the new phone

the paint is pretty rough but i want to get a buffer and DA polisher and see if i can bring it back any. it has really bad watermarks that i believe would come out with buffing. you can see them right under the window

the paint is far from perfect. i want to have the dents fixed, get an R32 front bumper, remove the notch in the grill, R32 side skirts,R32 spoiler, and 20th rear bumper eventually. but money is tight at the moment and i still need decent coil overs and other parts.

still an improvement compared to a few weeks ago when i bought it
Old March 25th, 2017, 16:03   #64
bbarbulo
Veteran Member

Good recovery!!