Something weird and new

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
Your turbo could be clogged up with soot my down pipe was clogged up and caused the same issue

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Looking at the logs, mostly the next to last one, I am seeing fuel as the ultimate culprit. It's like you either have to much resistance in the wires going into the IP or the pressure valve mentioned earlier is failing.

There's the dip at the 2/3 point and just after the drop in RPM. The first shows IQ dropping and the rest responding, however, the second and third show requested boost dropping and picking back up. If your foot is still on the accelerator pedal when all this is happening, the pedal might be going.
You should pull the pedal and put an ohmmeter to it and look for flat, or irratic, spots when pushing the pedal down. Wires and grounds as usual, especially under the dash. Then that peskyValve mentioned earlier.
One thing you don't mention having is a lift pump in the tank, unfortunately this might be the first sign of the IP failing. If you have the ability to install, even temporarily, a BEW lift pump and run it to see what happens you might try that. You're pushing a lot of fuel and it seems mostly to become starved, or have an oddly consistent electrical Gremlin.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Check the ip wire harness for chafing, a member just recently had an issue that tracked down to a grounded wire on the needle position sensor

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I didn’t notice rpm on the boost graph, so I was wondering if you were shifting or fuel was cutting off. Is it possible you overboosted and the ecu cut fuel?

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Your requested and actual boost mirror each other quite well, but n75 is erratic. Climbs before one drop and slowly falls before another. I wonder if the nozzle ring is worn in the exhaust manifold. The cracked wire scenario sounds very possible. Might not be completely broken through

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
I’m going to buy a fuel pump and try it it’s gonna be a few weeks before I get it installed I’ll post my findings

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Dont think a inline or in take fuel pump is going to fix this. Your getting fuel and it's not at its limits of what a pickup can handle. You can get est your fuel pressure easily to diagnose the in tank pickup.
Again, what is your QA in vcds and each injector saying?

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
Witch number do I go under for QA? Sorry for long response time wife heavily pregnant so to do list is huge right now

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
So I have no idea what happened but it stopped doing it maybe there awas a blockage and it just spit it out idk but problem gone I’m going to let a sleeping dog lie lol