www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old August 25th, 2014, 17:19   #1
03_01_TDI
Banned

TDI(s): Na
Default New mk7 features not highlighted.

The key fob is ergonomic. The turn signal and wiper stalks have a beveled bottom lip that fits your finger better. Radio volume adjustment display is dependent on the location adjusted from; if you use the steering wheel adjustment it displays radio volume on the center gauge. If you use the head unit it will display on the head. Not really a big deal but it shows vw didn't skip over anything.

Sunroof can be used at highway speeds without terrible wind noise. Drivers window has terrible wind buffering at around 60mph but if you crack or open any window or sunroof the buffering is greatly decreased. Rear windows down worn front windows up creates a terrible buffering sound. But you can just crack a front window and it also greatly decreases the buffering wind. Is the correct term buffering or buffeting either way it's better than the mk6.

The mk6 when you went to full cold it forced interior recirculating. Mk7 doesn't do that. If you select max AC it goes full max cold, full fan, and recirc.

For those that love mpg. The car head unit tracks fuel use per tank, since start, and long term. The center display will give you a tip if your wasting fuel such as sport mode verse D or even if the windows are down.
03_01_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2014, 17:24   #2
03_01_TDI
Banned

TDI(s): Na

Cruise control has improved options. You can set the speed and either increase or decrease by 1mph by using sel or res button. Or you use the buttons to the right for a 5mph change in the 5mph number set such as 55-60-65-70.

http://knowyourvw.com/index.html?pag...oplay=3489&s=5
03_01_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 04:33   #3
ROD-TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51.7 MPG 2003, 2015 TDI 48.4 MPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_01_TDI View Post
Snip... For those that love mpg. The car head unit tracks fuel use per tank, since start, and long term. The center display will give you a tip if your wasting fuel such as sport mode verse D or even if the windows are down.
Has anybody actually checked the accuracy of the instrument MPG indications, versus what the trip odometer and gallons pumped math indicates? With rental cars we've found the dash indicators are typically 5-7% too high, indicating a MPG number that isn't supported by actual miles driven divided by fuel quantity pumped. This has involved a half dozen different current model vehicles, unfortunately not a VW which nobody rents. Is the VW MPG calculator system more accurate, based on actual observations?
ROD-TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 04:49   #4
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

I've rented two Volkswagens, a Jetta and a Passat, from Enterprise.

However, in all cases, I have found the MFA to be more accurate over a longer trip, but never perfectly on the nose as compared to GPS-checked distance driven and fuel station pump's displayed amount. However, it is reasonably close over a longer trip and to be honest I really don't care all that much. I know my TDIs use far less fuel than my gasser Volkswagens, that's enough for me.

Last edited by oilhammer; August 26th, 2014 at 04:51.
oilhammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 08:49   #5
RIP TDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
The mk6 when you went to full cold it forced interior recirculating. Mk7 doesn't do that. If you select max AC it goes full max cold, full fan.
You mean, full cold but not Max AC?
'99 BMW M3 Cabrio
RIP TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 09:16   #6
gforce1108
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Jetta: 44.5 summer / 47 on snows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Bell View Post
You mean, full cold but not Max AC?
Most of the new VWs go to Max AC on their own when you select full cold. It's a bit annoying. I like that they have 'fixed' it.
Old August 26th, 2014, 10:23   #7
tdi90hp
Veteran Member

good thread. hope to hear from many more 7 owners. maybe we call it the 7 series. lol
tdi90hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2014, 11:21   #8
Chockomon
Veteran Member

Quote:
The mk7 has a separate max cold button. One button will turn the temp to full cold, fans to full speed, and recirculating. The old mk6 had a single dial when turned to the full cold setting it would do the above.
Only on the 2012 and up models. The 2010 and 2011 have a semi-auto climatic system. My 2010 doesn't have just a low and hi setting, it has temperatures like a climatronic
Chockomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 14:07   #9
Jibeho
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2015 Golf
Thumbs up

Thanks I was wondering *** was up with the 5MPG adjustments!

Quote:
Cruise control has improved options. You can set the speed and either increase or decrease by 1mph by using sel or res button. Or you use the buttons to the right for a 5mph change in the 5mph number set such as 55-60-65-70.

http://knowyourvw.com/index.html?pag...oplay=3489&s=5
2015 TDI Golf S DSG
2016 Mercedes C300 4matic
Jibeho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 16:13   #10
BadWolf
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 MPG (12 months, 21k miles) / 52 MPG (1 Month 1,300 miles)

I like how the door bin is set up for a water bottle (both sides) no water on the floor and my soccer player son likes it

BadWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 18:26   #11
T_D_I_geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by STP-TDI View Post
Has anybody actually checked the accuracy of the instrument MPG indications, versus what the trip odometer and gallons pumped math indicates? With rental cars we've found the dash indicators are typically 5-7% too high, indicating a MPG number that isn't supported by actual miles driven divided by fuel quantity pumped. This has involved a half dozen different current model vehicles, unfortunately not a VW which nobody rents. Is the VW MPG calculator system more accurate, based on actual observations?
So far, my multi-function display indicated MPG's are 7-10% higher than my actual MPG. My odometer is accurate to within +/- 1%.

Is their a way to adjust the calibration of the multi-function display?

T_D_I_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 18:45   #12
T_D_I_geek

Some of my favorite features not highlighted.....

Armrest. The über adjustable, supremely functional armrest (particularly for positioning your shifting arm) is brilliant.

The robust nature of the FE. Even with some spirited driving and occasional "honking on", the FE is still outstanding. Even with some stop-and-go traffic on the commute, the FE is still awesome. On my commute home this afternoon, I sat in stop-and-go traffic for 10 miles/45 minutes, and it still achieved ~48 mpg. To me, that is just amazing.

Steering wheel. The shape of the steering wheel is perfect - both the square bottom and the asymmetrical tubular section.

Manual gearbox shifting quality. Although great even when it had only 50 miles on it, now with over 1000 miles, the shift quality of the gearbox has improved substantially - it shifts effortlessly, with a satisfying "snick" as you notch it into each gear.

T_D_I_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 19:57   #13
tdi90hp
Veteran Member

good stuff...VW may have a winner! Pray for NO Fuel pump issues and I am all in.
tdi90hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2014, 06:18   #14
BadWolf
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 MPG (12 months, 21k miles) / 52 MPG (1 Month 1,300 miles)

What is the latch gate on the inside of the rear hatch door? It is storage for something but what? (Assuming I will be amazed and thrilled to go find this something and brag about how easy it is to store)

BadWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2014, 09:18   #15
jayb79
Veteran Member

Quote:
I got the tsi. Near zero worries for me,
I would not be so sure, they have had their share of issues.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...t=hpfp+problem

Last edited by jayb79; October 4th, 2014 at 19:01. Reason: fix link
jayb79 is offline   Reply With Quote