2012 Jetta TDI "skipping"/"hesitation"

tortega

TDI
sportswagon
WOW, I think from reading many posts on TDICLUB there is a problem with a hesitation in my 2012 VW sports wagon at about 1.9 RPMs.

Yesterday I was in L.A. traffic which was stop and go. So 2x that day I stepped on the gas and the sports wagon hesitated while changing lanes.
That means cars were about ready to smash into when my sports wagon should have performed.

Lucky for me my 36,000 mile warranty expired last month and now may need to use the extended warranty to have the car analyzed.

Please any suggestion would be nice, knowing at anytime I could be put in a bad situation while driving my Volkswagen.

Jetta2012

TDI
2012 jetta tdi
skipping one cold and hesitation

I have that same problem with my 2012 jetta
does your skip when the motor is cold and then runs good when it gets warmed up. I always seem to have a hesitation and stepping down throttle, I just assumed it was because verbal needs to spool up for power happens, I was assuming they were all like that! this is my very first diesel vehicle ever, so I don't know how they're supposed to run

Roshermoore

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG sunroof
Just the way it is...

WOW, I think from reading many posts on TDICLUB there is a problem with a hesitation in my 2012 VW sports wagon at about 1.9 RPMs.
It's not a "problem" in the sense that the dealer is going to be able to do anything about it. It is something they all do under the right circumstances.

See this thread.http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=4576902#post4576902

Also, the hesitation you describe when you "stomp" the go pedal is also normal. Just do a search.