St. Louis, MO to Prescott, AZ and return

MyWifesTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL 5M (sold), 2002 Jetta Wagen GLS 5M (sold), 2015 Golf TDI S 6M
St. Louis, MO to Prescott, AZ and return trip, 2,948 miles in 96 hours, with average of 39.74 MPG. I averaged ~42 MPG with box on car lightly loaded to Prescott, and averaged ~37 MPG fully loaded on return trip with RhodeGear 16+ CF (not 18 as previously thought) box on Thule Complete Roof rack and Peloton carrier with one mountain bike. Speeds were typically 70-75 MPH, with some AC use on return trip due to storms and humidity in OK and MO. Picked up my son from college, and wasted little time returning home!

schmitt55

TDI
2003 golf
Sounda like a hell of a road trip!! i have driven from Brownsville,Tx to Buffalo,Ny to Chicago,Il and back to San Antonio,Tx
Its something else.

CHDriver

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Over the weekend, 15-16 May 10 drove from Milwaukee, WI (where I picked up my new Golf TDI) back home to Atlanta, GA with an overnight in Bloomington, IN. Miles: 870, MPG: 41.3, Type driving: mostly interstate with no cruise or A/C at speeds between 65 - 80mph. Took backroads from Bloomington to Louisville, KY. Nice countryside. Interstates the rest of the way. Love the car!

MyWifesTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL 5M (sold), 2002 Jetta Wagen GLS 5M (sold), 2015 Golf TDI S 6M
Impressive mileage for a new Golf! My MPG suffered mostly due to head winds, crosswinds, and a completely loaded (stuffed) Jetta wagen. A/C use has an impact, as most on this site agree, the 'right foot' mod is the best MPG device, ie: slow down and find the sweet spot for MPG. Alas, this driving style does not suit all, I am slowing down to gain the benefits of TDI engine!