Lighting

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr
I, like a lot of people, have spent, and are still spending, a lot of money, trying to upgrade the factory lighting systems, on their various vehicles, and I would like to add my 2 cents worth for those interested. I just found, what I consider, the Holy Grail of automotive lighting. Lights that I have been using since the early eighties. That being Cibie' lights. They have been out of production for quite some time now, but can be found, if you search long enough. I just purchased, a set of Cibie', clear driving lights, with the beam pattern of 14 degrees V, and 24 degrees H, and a reflective range of 6900 ft, and a Clear Pencil beam, with a range of 9600 feet. All three will be wired in as high beam assists. For fog and nasty weather, I found a set of Cibie' 195 clear fogs. These IMO, are the best on the market, and allow me to go about 45 - 50 mph in pea soup fog. I got them NIB from Italy a few months ago. My headlights are being replaced by Cibie' E-codes, not the Z beam, and will complete my upgrade (s). One more thing, these lights have to be aimed PERFECTLY, or they are worthless.