Correct aftermarket head unit harness?

carsaremytoys

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Passat wagon TDI 5MT
Car is an 05 wagon with the monsoon stereo, I would like to keep the monsoon part, but the head unit is acting up.
When I shop Crutchfield head units they state that they have the harness that retains the monsoon stereo. That's if I buy the head unit from them too.
When I shop only harnesses, they state that they don't offer one for my car...

When I look up the harness they offer, Access XSVI-9003-NAV, the package clearly states "without amplifier"

Does anyone have a part number of the correct harness to retain the monsoon stereo?

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Why not just contact them and ask? Maybe the website is inaccurate.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
I don't have the part number but i get all my pioneer head units from crutchfield. The one in my 05 passat retained the monsoon speaker and amp system, was a major upgrade of sound plus blue tooth connectivity. Even got my dash install kit from them. I do not have steering wheel controls but that is also and option they can help you keep.

carsaremytoys

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Passat wagon TDI 5MT
I called crutchfield and they tell me that the harness I need, "needs to talk to the car". They sold me the Access XSVI-9003-NAV. I'll report back with my findings.
My jetta harness only costs 9 bucks! lol

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Yes..when key off radio stays on for a while until doors are opened. I'm sure it does others things but that's the only one i notice. I have added amp/subs so i always worry about battery drain if im not in a spot i can pop start the car.

DeliveryValve

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat GLS Wagon
The Axxess XSVI-9003-NAV is what I've been using originally with a Kenwood head unit and now a Pioneer on my stock Monsoon system. Works great with both radios. Also don't forget you'll need a wiring antenna adapter and another module, ASWC-1 harness adapter for steering wheel controls if you have it.