2012 warranty or delete

CodyJ

TDI
I’m new to the Jetta world, just bought a 2012 Jetta TDI, a few days after it throw a code P2002 (Particulate trap bank 1 efficiency)
P0401 (Recirc flow insufficient detected)
Dealership is being shady about it and won’t get me in anytime soon even though I told them I cant drive much longer while it’s like this! Just want options on if it’s easier and better to just delete and be done with it or go under warranty and wait it out till I can get it for it

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Try a different dealer maybe. Leave it there and request a rental car on their dime until they can get to it. You can drive it till it gets completely clogged, seeing as how they are going to have to replace everything anyway. If you delete you will kill any future warranty repairs. But then you may not have any more issues either. Is it legal (or can you get away with) deleting even?

Last edited:

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
If it was fixed per EPA agreement then the DPF should be covered for 48K miles after the fix or 120K miles since put into original service whichever is longest

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
Ontario is in Canada. Was it fixed, and is the warranty the same there as here south of the border?
If yes and yes, then you have nothing to worry about as long as the warranty is running, just have to find a dealer to take it in and give you a free loaner while they work on VW's dime on it.