40 Mil Film?

lyndonstrother

TDI
2001, 2011, 2014
Some supplier's used to offer Kits of clear Film to protect the headlights, Turn signals, and mirrors for Jetta, Passat,.... probably the whole VW line. I put one on my first TDI Jetta and it really worked. So I put it on my second TDI, a Sportwagen. But that was long enough ago that I don't know where I got it. One outfit still advertises the 40 Mil stuff, but what they send yo is about 4 Mil, and even tough they offer it in their advertising, one of their sales people claimed that they never offered a product like that. I found a neighbor that had it on her Tiguan, but it was there when she bought the car from a VW dealership.??????
Any leads on the Thick Clear protective film? 40 Mil is like almost the thickness of a credit card. Just got my 3rd. Jetta Sportwagen TDI.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
My boss has this, its called "clear bra" be has it on his 2019 718 porsche and on his 2017 cayenne. He started buying the cheep stuff by the roll for his windshield. Its total crap, does not stretch like the high end stuff. Just google clear bra. Can be applied to any car. Comes in rolls. Use baby shampoo to apply it.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
The stuff is called clear plex, it's the brand that works best, all the others he tried are garbage. He said that the dealer he got it from in NC shut down.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
I have been running Xpel on my Jetta Hella headlights for 16 years and 325,000 miles lights still look great. My wife's 99 Golf has the same 305,000 mi. Still on the car. Clear Bra is a good product also.