need slide hammer pull fuel injector on 06 jetta

fluxcore

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta tdi
tdi bmr engine. where can i buy, borrow or steal a slide hammer to pull a injector out of the 6.9 diesel . Thanks Jim

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
If you can get creative in hooking it to the injector (line from a wrecking yard, or make a nut attachment for it) you can usually borrow a slide hammer from AutoZone or O'Reilly.

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
I haven't tried it on a TDI, but it works on a few other diesels and should work here. Get some PVC and a threaded nut that's the same thread size as the injectors. Cut the PVC just a little bit shorter than the injector, place it over the injector and tighten the nut down. Cost should be 5 dollars or less.

Edit: On the BRM it should twist out when wiggling it back and forth with a screw driver, I used a piece of wire to pull up while wiggling the injector.

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
The strut nut is same threads. I used that and some pipe to make my own for about $8. It's not in front of me so I'll try to describe it.

It's a 12-18" section of pipe with a 4-6" section of a larger diameter slipped over it. Cap on each end. One cap is drilled to attach strut nut on one end (bolt from the inside) obviously leaving enough threads exposed to still attach to the injector.

Edit: whoops, I somehow missed that this was a PD. I built mine for a VE, no idea if PD uses same threads.

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`

This is a heel bar or alignment bar. Put the hook end under the solenoid and rock back. It's quick, cheap and easy. Lots cheaper than Snap On.