2003 Jetta Wagon GLS, 5-speed manual. 198k

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
SOLD for $3500.

2003 Jetta Wagon GLS, TDI, 5-speed manual. 198,000 miles
Indigo Blue Exterior, Black cloth interior

This is by far the best car that I've ever owned. I love this car, but my commute decreased to only 150 miles per week a couple years ago and I just don't drive enough to justify keeping it. I want it to go to a home where it will see the open road that it deserves. I've owned it for about 6 years and 80k miles or so. It has been very well maintained during the time that I've had it. I also have a big folder that contains service records back to when the car was new.

The good:
• The car runs really strong and handles great. Goes straight and smooth down the road.
• The paint look very good for a 14 year old car overall (except for rust spots mentioned).
• BBS RX wheels on it with Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires with great tread (I think about 10k on the tires - need to check). These are my favorite VW MK4 wheels, but unfortunately the barrels have some etching
on them and they need to be refinished to look their best.
• New OEM front brake pads and rotors within the last 1k miles.
• Full suspension refresh with Koni Red wagon specific shocks and struts, as well as all mounts, shocks, struts, ball joints, and control arm bushings shortly after I got the car. Probably has about
60-70k on it now. I replaced the A/C compressor and fan two summers ago.
• Nice interior for the age, non-smoker. Has all the headrests, trunk cover, etc.
• VW OEM All weather "Monster" mats in very good condition
• It has never failed to start for me in winter
• Panzer plate
• RC 2 tune. Sprint 520 injectors. Racepipe with EGR and EGR cooler deletes (have both to go with car except cooler has one broken flex pipe), OEM TT short shifter, plus original. IDparts downpipe (2.5")

The bad (price reflects these issues):
• I have two key fobs plus the valet key. However only one of the fobs will work the auto locks.
• There is rust on the driver's fender, a spot on the driver's door, and hatch at the corners of the windows. I have included a picture of each of these spots.
• It is due for a timing belt replacement. It was done at 110k. If I was keeping this car I'd have the timing belt done soon because of the age and mileage.
• The FM radio works but the reception is pretty lousy because the antenna is cracked and should be replaced. The Monsoon stereo CD player, tape deck and speakers all work great. Missing one button on stereo.
• Has aftermarket e-Codes with OEM euro switch. Lenses have become a bit hazed and I'd like the headlights to be brighter. I have the original OEM lights to go with the car.
• The seat heaters don't work. They burned small holes in each of the front seats bef ore I realized they were broken and stopped using them. If I have time before the car sells I'll work on
cleaning the seats further and take new pictures. There is one crayon spot on the rear seat that somehow got missed in my pictures that I will photograph and add.

Extras to go with the car:
• Set of 15" OEM 'Monterey" Allow wheels that came on the car. I am sure the tires are junk at this point. Wheels would be great to swap snow tires onto.
• Set of 15" steel wheels with General Altimax Arctic snow tires. I think that two of these tires are in very good shape and 2 are borderline for another winter.
• OEM engine cover which isn't pictured.
• New air filter, cabin air filter,fuel filter and 2 oil filters to go with the car.
• IDparts "Winter Front"

Last edited:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
Bump for a price drop. No love for the MK4 wagons these days. I feel like I should have listed it at $8k so at least it would get some attention from folks telling me I was an idiot. :)

With a TB change and a little attention on the rust spots this car should be ready to give another 100k miles to someone. Mechanically it is very well sorted and it drives great.

Also willing to part out any of the extra stuff that I have like spare OEM headlights, wheels, etc. I believe that I also have a rear sway bar that I never got around to installing. I think it is called an "O bar".

Last edited:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow. Nice deal. Wish you weren't so far away. Good luck on the sale.
Thank you!

The weather in NH is going to be beautiful this weekend. A great weekend to come test drive my car!

I will say that I am somewhat motivated to sell it within the next week or so only because I my registration is due. So I need to spend a couple hundred dollars to register and inspect it if I want to keep driving it. That is the main reason that its finally coming up for sale. I've been dragging my feet on selling it but trying to come to terms that I don't need 3 cars.

dre77vw

TDI
Weiß ~ 97 White Passat Wagon B4V, 5sp, 360k
Congrats!

I was tempted, had you been closer, I would have seriously considered it. I'm glad you weren't... I need not have another TDI.

Cheers