Big nozzles 1.9 TDI VE AGR - Video

corsabala

TDI
Seat Ibiza TDI AFN 81kW
Big nozzles 0.360mm 1.9 TDI VE AGR - Video

Hi everyone,
I have a 1.9 TDI 90hp AGR engine with GT2260VK + 11mm pump head rotor + 0.360mm nozzles installed. I would like know what's the best configuration bar to this nozzles to the first and second stage.
Currently they are calibrated to 240 bar, but i'm not sure if this is the best configuration to big nozzles.
Last month has been hard to start the engine with the low temperatures. When starts, the engine dropped a lot of white smoke.
Please see the video: https://youtu.be/VJgjS_lpRvg
I thought the problem was the fuel pump, so I replace her last week by another one but the problem remains.
Can the problem be the configuration bar of the injector nozzles?
PS: The problem just remains in cold start. When the temperature is high the engine starts perfectly.

Last edited:

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
this is normal amount of smoke for cold pistons

how many degrees is it where you're parked? mine smoked worse than that with stock nozzles when below -5C, much much worse below that

ETA: my dss .360s on a 12mm de110 pump do that up to about 10c

Last edited:

Yucca

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH 388bhp, Polo 6R 2.0TDI CR GTC1752VZ
Have you ever tested those 0.360 Nozzles in dyno? I think they make less power than smaller 0.320 size nozzles.

corsabala

TDI
Seat Ibiza TDI AFN 81kW
this is normal amount of smoke for cold pistons

how many degrees is it where you're parked? mine smoked worse than that with stock nozzles when below -5C, much much worse below that

ETA: my dss .360s on a 12mm de110 pump do that up to about 10c
The smoke smells like diesel and burns in the eyes. I'm not sure if is normal, because I feel a loss of power since it began to happen.

Every morning are around +5º.

Before this nozzles I had a 0.275mm DDS Ultime II and this didn't never happen.

I forgot to mention, I bought these nozzles 0.360mm on ebay from Germany.

What more worries me isn't the smoke, but the difficult to start engine every morning.

Have you ever tested those 0.360 Nozzles in dyno? I think they make less power than smaller 0.320 size nozzles.
I never test it in dyno. But my chip tuner tell me excatly the same. He told me he couldn't reduce smoke with 0.360mm nozzles.

If I can't fix this problems with a different configuration bar nozzles, I'm thinking about buying a 0.320mm nozzles to test.

-zamppa-

TDI
Audi Allroad 4BH V6 TDI/6M, Compound charged Golf 3 AHU, Passat 3B5 TDi 4motion, Typ1 & 636B
I bought these cheap ebay-nozzles too few months ago. At first I got one nozzle replaced by the seller because it had very poor atomization, and the opening pressure was impossible to adjust no matter what I did.

After 2500km my AVG started to idle with 3 cylinders. It worked decently still over 1200rpm. Dont know if nozzles need to be cleaned or what. I swapped oem injectors back and now car is working properly again.

I never got problems with cold starts (under 0C) or had so much smoke than you have.

My advice is that save your time and money and use them for better quality nozzles, before you break your pistons. Ive tried to find those better nozzles too. Seems to be hard to find... hints and offers are welcome.

corsabala

TDI
Seat Ibiza TDI AFN 81kW
I bought these cheap ebay-nozzles too few months ago. At first I got one nozzle replaced by the seller because it had very poor atomization, and the opening pressure was impossible to adjust no matter what I did.
After 2500km my AVG started to idle with 3 cylinders. It worked decently still over 1200rpm. Dont know if nozzles need to be cleaned or what. I swapped oem injectors back and now car is working properly again.
I never got problems with cold starts (under 0C) or had so much smoke than you have.
My advice is that save your time and money and use them for better quality nozzles, before you break your pistons. Ive tried to find those better nozzles too. Seems to be hard to find... hints and offers are welcome.
What's the size and How many bar you have configure your nozzles?

Same problem here.. When I started the engine it works with 3 cylinders.. Just works fine when still over 1300/1500 rpm or when I drive after 2/3km.

I'm going to test another 0.360mm ebay nozzles from a friend.. I'm losing my mind with this problem..

You can find a brand nozzles from DSS-R (old DSS Ultime), h-flox from darkside or Firad. But the price is little different. :)

-zamppa-

TDI
Audi Allroad 4BH V6 TDI/6M, Compound charged Golf 3 AHU, Passat 3B5 TDi 4motion, Typ1 & 636B
What's the size and How many bar you have configure your nozzles?
Same problem here.. When I started the engine it works with 3 cylinders.. Just works fine when still over 1300/1500 rpm or when I drive after 2/3km.
I'm going to test another 0.360mm ebay nozzles from a friend.. I'm losing my mind with this problem..
You can find a brand nozzles from DSS-R (old DSS Ultime), h-flox from darkside or Firad. But the price is little different. :)
Size is same as yours. I'd remember that I set those for 280/360bars.

I wish there was h-flox's available somewhere, but as mentioned, darkside offers gibonta nowadays. Im not really after gibonta yet, as it is "new" manufacturer and there isn't much data and long term experiences with these nozzles in high power engines(well over 300hp).

Does Firad have any big nozzles? Ive understood that they have only small ones to offer and they are not suitable for my Golf.

Dss-r would be one option. My first big nozzles(at the time) were Ultime 2's and they are still running good after maybe 8 years. They have been with 10mm pump and 300hp for 6 years now.

Last edited:

sam-

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mk3 tdi AFN

I wish there was h-flox's available somewhere, but as mentioned, darkside offers gibonta nowadays. Im not really after gibonta yet, as it is "new" manufacturer and there isn't much data and long term experiences with these nozzles in high power engines(well over 300hp).

Does Firad have any big nozzles? Ive understood that they have only small ones to offer and they are not suitable for my Golf.

Dss-r would be one option. My first big nozzles(at the time) were Ultime 2's and they are still running good after maybe 8 years. They have been with 10mm pump and 300hp for 6 years now.

Yes firad do up to 0.360, here a picture i took from a polish seller with reference & size.

corsabala

TDI
Seat Ibiza TDI AFN 81kW

In my opinion the H-flox was the best nozzles manufactured to VE engines, give very good results. If you google it is still on sale in some online stores, but the price is too high.
Firad have a good nozzles but the feedback that I have received from some friends is that is good just to PD engines.
My first big nozzles were too a DSS Ultime 2 0.275mm. I sold them last month.

-zamppa-

TDI
I dont find those firad nozzles at all. Maybe i cant find the right word for search.

I have also seen hflox's sold in one place, but when I asked for them i got told that they are out of stock. Dont know why they were still for sale.... If someone who has 4pcs of 0.341 hflox's for sale are reading this, feel free to make an offer via pm. :)

Well, I've managed to keep myself busy with my other projects so I dont have any hurry with my Golf. Its still driveable with Ultime 2's. Just bought a V6 and it has to be re-repaired soon. Maybe there is coming some "funfun" for that thing too.

sam-

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mk3 tdi AFN
The seller is called cobreti from poland, user jabcok20 is using 0.330 from firad
you can find them also on santerchips.pt, directly by firad if you have a company registered number or can contact their official reseller on their site, it looked cheaper than by tuning site but still not much VP build with those nozzles

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Do you know what your IQ is set at? I had a friend that had his IQ less than 1 and the motor would barely run then as I adjusted it up to 2-3 it smoothed right out.

mk1-83

Veteran Member
TDI
LUPO 1.9 tdi 300+ hp
Hi i tested thise ebay .360 nozzles theh run first good then they go bad.
Now im buy .310 .280 nozzles from france its good nozzles also test them mine self.
Im in making of new line with dlc coating needle .260 .280 .330 .370 nozzles

Im now dealer from thise nozzles let me know if you need more info im also set then on 1 and 2 inj pressures

Last edited:

Jukums

TDI
1.9 TDI 1Z TDR.lv
Gibonta is chinese crap for big money. Nozzles are with DLC, but there is problem with that, because DLC also is coated on needle tip. They don't last long and if you don't test them for a long time, then there is possible to melt pistons.
At the moment there isn't good quality big nozzles in market. I only have found 0,300mm nozzles with good quality, who lasts for long time.
But to our projects they are to small. We are searching something like 0,380 - 0,460mm.

mk1-83

Veteran Member
TDI
LUPO 1.9 tdi 300+ hp
Hi yes gibonta dlc on tip is bad milans engine melted a piston by bad nozzle from him.
The dlc coating left off on tip and nozzle streams alot fuel. It didnt close.

Milan it wash his first run with gibonata .360 nozzle on 2 a 3 times sprint they melted piston.

Im saw the picture really bad

Every new nozzle make i test them by let them drive 10.000 km

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
I don't see a glow plug light? Are all the gp's good? How long do they stay on for?

Yucca

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH 388bhp, Polo 6R 2.0TDI CR GTC1752VZ
What is hole size of Firad ASLA150P520 +160% ?

sam-

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mk3 tdi AFN
No problem, the polish guy called cobretti didnt mention 520 HF +120% but santerchips do.
Here is his Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/TuningVag/
He wrote that (actually there is an error, 2 times ASLA150P520 HF +50% with different size) :

ASLA150P520 HF +25% 0.225mm
ASLA150P502 HF +25% 0.240mm
ASLA150P520 HF +50% 0.250mm
ASLA150P502 HF +50% 0.270mm
ASLA150P520 HF +50% 0.290mm
ASLA150P520 HF +100% 0.310mm
ASLA150P502 HF +80% 0.330mm
ASLA150P520 HF +160% 0.360mm

jabcok20

Veteran Member
TDI
golf mk1
Propably. I set 3 bar at 5000rpm and i got boost emp near 2:1 so it looks fuel is there or not?

toefuk

TDI
A4 1Z 1996
ASLA150P520 HF160% are 0,330mm

...measured under microscope...

Last edited:

D-cappz

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ALH, 6 speed, 4motion, fully loaded, leather heated interior, sunroof, steering wheel controls. Over 420,000km
What is your injection quantity and injection timing set at?
IQ should be around 3-5mg for best
IT should be around 60 (on the chart between the middle and top line).
I had really hard starts when my IQ was set way too high.