Looking for some advice

adamwest

TDI
dont have one....yet
Hi, new here. I am looking at buying a 2000 VW Jetta GLS TDI.
Here is is(prices are in CDN dollars, and it in Km, not miles) <font color="red">Link </font>

What do you guys think of it? Any advice would be appreciated, I got a carfax done on it, checks out, no accidents, ect. Timing belt was changed at 105 000km.
It had regular service done on it at a VW dealer, and regular oil changes done on it, dont know what kind, but i figure it was the proper type because it was done at a dealer.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Price is a bit low for Toronto... Could it be a Quebec car? (they tend to depreciate a bit faster)... I love it when they don't tell you if it's a manual or automatic transmission...

You say you figure that the maintenance was "the proper type because it was done at a dealer"... Not a good idea to trust the dealer so completely... while I'm sure there are good ones out there, most of them leave a bit to be desired, especially when dealing with a TDI...

As I said, the price, for Toronto is low... find out where the Timing Belt was done, and we could give you a better opinion...

Good luck,

Yuri.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Carfax never hurts, but don't expect much for canadian cars. You might see some strange things, but you'll have to read through the lines. I got a car with a single owner, but carfax showed 5 registrations. If I took a closer look, every time the person renewed their sticker, carfax showed it as a new registration. Other than that, check the link eschady provided.