Stanadyne 2 micron filter results

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=273983

There has been many reports of corrosion in the fuel system and reports of floating rust (by dealers). Who know how additives play a role in this, but if water is collecting and able to rust in the current OEM filter housing, how is this a good thing?

milehighassassin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Golf TDi PD, Reflex Silver
740GLE said:
I don't have a pick of the CEBA engine bay but they use the same filter as the early 2006 with the "olypmic" ring, I can't for the life of me see any place in the engine bay that an stanadyne would fit in addition to OEM filter.
I wouldn't use it IN ADDITION to the OEM filter. It is intended as a REPLACEMENT. Using both is not needed and could cause damage for the fuel pressure could be reduced too much.

LanduytG

Vendor
TDI
99 NB 82 Westfalia Diesel
milehighassassin said:
I wouldn't use it IN ADDITION to the OEM filter. It is intended as a REPLACEMENT. Using both is not needed and could cause damage for the fuel pressure could be reduced too much.

If concerned over over this, just add a lift pump. The best filtration possible is more important on the new high pressure systems than on the old injection systems.

Greg

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
There is already a lift pump in the CEBAs.

Stanadyne does offer the FM100 with a lift pump on the filter, I think it doubles the cost.

LanduytG

Vendor
TDI
99 NB 82 Westfalia Diesel
740GLE said:
There is already a lift pump in the CEBAs.

Stanadyne does offer the FM100 with a lift pump on the filter, I think it doubles the cost.
I forgot the newer TDI's already had a lift pump. So your all set for secondary filter.

Greg

milehighassassin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Golf TDi PD, Reflex Silver
LanduytG said:
I forgot the newer TDI's already had a lift pump. So your all set for secondary filter.

Greg
I wouldn't add it as a 2nd filter without verifying you have correct pressure.

I also don't see much gain in doing so

Gluca

TDI
09 jetta tdi
I was very impressed with just how clean this filter was after 15K miles.
Question, and forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't you want your filter to be dirty rather than clean after that many miles? A clean filter means it's not filtering right?

Again i mean no disrespect or badgering of any kind, i am just confused.

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
This is to just keep the car going until you get replacement tee? Probably you can just join the two hoses together with a coupler fitting, if I am understanding your situation properly.

That said, have you tried your local VW dealer or parts stores to see if they have one on-hand?