DPF problem, trying to emergency regen

BT3076

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 cr
Whats up guys,

My brother has been having issues with his dpf and doing a regen. Looked at channel 241 for the calculated/ measured soot and they are 45.1 and 43.8 respectively. I understand if one of the values are above 95% (45gms) then an emergency regen can not be allowed. I have read on here how guys have reset their values somehow through vacgom and then did a regen and it seemed to fix the issue. Any insight on this? There is also soot in the tailpipe so I'm not sure if the dpf is cracked or what not. Original plan was to remove the dpf and replace it with a downpipe and get the assiciated software from malone and just be done with it. But this fix has us second guessing that. Any suggestions on what to do in this situation?

thanks,

Chad

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
if there is any soot in the tailpipe, the DPF has some kind of crack.

What prevented regens to allow the soot to get so high?

(asking because you need to fix whatever sensor may have been broken or disconnected)

the high measured soot has me a little concerned, but if you think the calculated is too high, but the measured is under the wire,

and you have fixed all the temp sensors,

you could use vcds to lie to the ecu that you have replaced the dpf, which would reset the calculated soot level.

if the measured was under the limit, a regen could be started (I would want to be driving it, or at least have a huge-ish fan blowing)

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=4829285&postcount=6

BT3076

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 cr
Yeah there is soot in the tailpipe. The p0401 which is EGR insufficient flow tripped which makes sense as to the dpf being cracked. We were able to put in the security code "12233" and do a regen while driving. It lowered the level to 39gm, but then raised it back to 43.8gm.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
sorry about that.

any idea how it got so high in the first place?

is the pressure sensor ok?

any other errors?