No Bluetooth on Canadian MkVI TDIs?!

TDpete

TDI
2010 Golf wagon
Reuben: I'm at level 2 - I guess I have a couple more frustrating calls to make before I get to level 3. Do I have to slay a dragon some time in this game?

Saskie

TDI
Jetta, 2003
To the limited number of people that have the bluetooth already installed on your Golf Wagons. What did they install? The 9W2 or the Volk-L??? Can you list the part numbers that they installed?

If you have Vag-Com can you check the coding of the module as well? I'm interested in upgrading to the 9W3 if its possible.

timh2594

TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagon
Saskie said:
To the limited number of people that have the bluetooth already installed on your Golf Wagons. What did they install? The 9W2 or the Volk-L??? Can you list the part numbers that they installed?

If you have Vag-Com can you check the coding of the module as well? I'm interested in upgrading to the 9W3 if its possible.
Saskie: Here's the link to what was installed in our car: http://www.takeittothemax.ca/Bluetooth.pdf. Hope that helps.

scaffer

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon TDI
Comfortline Wagon on Order...bluetooth options?

Brand new to the forums but I think I have found a great resource. I was fortunate enough that when I ordered my 2010 Golf TDI Wagon (Comfortline with Multimedia option) that I questioned the salesman carefully. We determined that it did not include bluetooth (unlike the 3 door and 5 door Golfs whose multimedia add on costs $300 more than the package for the wagon).
So, long story short, my dealer has offered to install the Volk-L and has priced that in. From what I understand though a 9W2 would have better feature set. Anyone know if this can be ordered and dealer installed?

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
scaffer said:
From what I understand though a 9W2 would have better feature set. Anyone know if this can be ordered and dealer installed?
what futures? I have the 9W2 and its just the most basic system ever! I have to use my cell to call a number and then it will transfer to BT in the car. If anyone has an option they should just ask for the 300$ credit and purchase the 9W3 from Ebay. I think some ppl were saying they are gong for around 500$.

scaffer

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon TDI
One feature that I thought could be useful was the A2DP (bluetooth streaming music capability). Seems like a waste to have all those controls on the steering wheel and not be able to control the phone other than answering calls.

You'd figure with the laws that are out or on their way say though shalt not hold an electronic device while driving that they would come out with a system that would allow drivers to comply...

Does anyone know if there are other options worth considering?

timh2594

TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagon
scaffer said:
One feature that I thought could be useful was the A2DP (bluetooth streaming music capability). Seems like a waste to have all those controls on the steering wheel and not be able to control the phone other than answering calls.

You'd figure with the laws that are out or on their way say though shalt not hold an electronic device while driving that they would come out with a system that would allow drivers to comply...

Does anyone know if there are other options worth considering?
There are no other options offered by VW except 9W3 (voice control, etc.). Correct me if I'm wrong but all Golfs in Canada - including the GTI - only have 9W2. You have to go aftermarket for 9W3. There's a discussion on retrofitting 9W3 for Volk-L at http://vwnavi.com/forums/search.php?searchid=441089

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
The 9W2 and the Volk-L offer the same feature set - Basic hands free answering and A2DP Audio Streaming.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same module.

scaffer

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon TDI
Thanks for everyone's response. Does anyone know if it is possible to order a 9W3 after the fact at the dealer or elsewhere and have them install it since it is not an option on the the 2010 Golf TDI Wagon here in Canada?

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
The 9w3 module can be had on eBay. 1Z0 035 729 D or C. Plug and play upgrade physically, however you need to code the module with VCDS.

TDIBRO1

TDI
2010 TDI Comfortline Golf Wagon, 2001 TDI Jetta (410,000 km), 1999 TDI Golf (577,000km)
Hello TDICLUB !

First post... but have been using this site as a reference for almost as long as a TDI has been parked in my garage!

It is a great resource that I hope never goes away !

Thank you !

Count me in as another disgruntled 2010 Comfortline TDI Golf Wagon owner.

Here is my BLUETOOTH RANT:

No Bluetooth was deal killer for me...

I knew the pricelist (up until 10 Nov, 2009 on vw.ca) PDF listing Bluetooth MobilePhone Connectivity in the Multimedia PKG was wrong...

I had the my Blue Graphite Pearl 2010 Comfortline TDI Golf (JSW in American parlance) Wagon, Panarama Sunroof, DSG, Multimedia PKG, delivered with a Bluetooth adapter.

I smugly thought I was safe.

How wrong I was.

I LOVE MY NEW CAR!

The VOLK L Bluetooth adaptor (modual part number 1K8 051 730 B), not so much.

What a piece of junk IT is !!!

VOLKSWAGEN has a Bluetooth fiasco on their hands North America wide.

The largest car company on the planet (for now) needs to make this right.

This is more than not getting what we paid for.

This is a safety issue.

Thanks for “listening” !

Saskie

TDI
Jetta, 2003
A guy over at vwvortex has replaced his 9W2 for the better 9W3, seems pretty easy, assuming you have 9W2 in your car!
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4628103

I'm talking to the VW parts guys tomorrow to make sure he gets the right parts for when they install Bluetooth on my Wagon. I'm going to try to upgrade to the 9W3, I'll be paying for the incremental costs.

TDpete

TDI
2010 Golf wagon
I just spoke with VWOC and they are installing Volk-L. I'm not sure I'm as concerned about the upgrade to 9W3 - just happy to have the bluetooth option.

thanks for the help here folks.

Reuben '84

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon: Silver Highline Manual
timh2594 said:
Saskie: Here's the link to what was installed in our car: http://www.takeittothemax.ca/Bluetooth.pdf. Hope that helps.
Hardware described above is the one we had installed today...VW Canada paid for the parts and the dealership covered the labour. I am happy with the way it works. To make a call I can simply flip open my phone and use the voice command features through the hands-free. Once connected, I can close my phone and stay connected, then hang-up with the phone button. Taking calls works well and I am happy about the audio streaming feature.

zakurie

TDI
None YET
I just pulled a 9w2 bluetooth module out of my 2010 Golf TDI today. If anyone is interested, I will be offering it up for sale. It will come with the cable needed to connect it to the car as well as a microphone.

scaffer

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon TDI
Change is coming (in Canada at least)

I ordered a 2010 Golf Wagon TDI Comfortline about 6 weeks ago. I included the Multimedia Package that I originally thought would include bluetooth connectivity. Fortunately, my salesman was on the ball and highlighted the fact that the wagon did not come with bluetooth. We added VOLK-L but since then (I ordered the car but did not want it until the new year) I decided I did not want the limited feature set.
I got a call today from the dealer stating that VWoC is starting to roll out the revised package that will include 9W2 installed at the factory. The car is due around February now and will come with the factory installed 9W2which in the end is cheaper than the VOLK-L. This now makes it consistent with the package that is on the Golf 3 and 5 doors.
Hope this helps people avoid surprises.

izkeepsitreal

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon
I got duped

Hey all, I too suffer from this issue of no blue-tooth connectivity.

I sent an email to my sales rep at the dealership who said

"On the vw options sheet, it states the high-line Golf Wagon TDI Automatic which is available both on the website and our dealer sheets. Blue-tooth is an option for $375 the option is called (9w2 blue-tooth mobile phone connectivity) this is an additional feature. Much like DSG is $1400 additional feature'

Any suggestions on how I should proceed with this? for 35k this thing should include blue-tooth if not a reach around.

fastalan

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagon
I need to check mine.... I don't really talk on cell phone while driving, but if it's something that was on the catalog when I ordered the wagon (I ordered it pretty early and took delivery on Dec 15th 2009 ), it should be included.

izkeepsitreal

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon
Email

So I decided to email VW Canada to let them know how pissed off I was and got a response within 48hrs that they would be contacting the dealership and get back to me asap, and if I had any concerns left me with a 1-800 #..

The sales-man sent me back a few emails about how "please don't make me look bad, and I already gave you a discount on the vehicle so if you take that in to account you're still ahead $500 if you choose to pay for the install" among other things.

I'll wait to see what VW Canada has to say and keep everyone posted.

LandCruiser

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 Mazda Miata
izkeepsitreal said:
So I decided to email VW Canada to let them know how pissed off I was and got a response within 48hrs that they would be contacting the dealership and get back to me asap, and if I had any concerns left me with a 1-800 #..

The sales-man sent me back a few emails about how "please don't make me look bad, and I already gave you a discount on the vehicle so if you take that in to account you're still ahead $500 if you choose to pay for the install" among other things.

I'll wait to see what VW Canada has to say and keep everyone posted.
Threaten him you'll tank his survey and deny him the chance on bonus cash!

***It's a d#%$ move, I know.

Seriously, was your sales guy harping that your car will definitely come with BT? If so, you should read above. If not, then you should have tested it out before signing the papers. Sorry.

sleder6

TDI
2009 jetta tdi wagon
well i no longer have to worry about bluetooth and talking to customer service..WAGON IS GONE..TRADED after having 5 jettas and dealing with the flywheel problem,etc....ive just had enough volkswagon..

izkeepsitreal

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon
LandCruiser said:
Threaten him you'll tank his survey and deny him the chance on bonus cash!

***It's a d#%$ move, I know.

Seriously, was your sales guy harping that your car will definitely come with BT? If so, you should read above. If not, then you should have tested it out before signing the papers. Sorry.

Well oddly enough in Canada to try and find this car is next to impossible, there was only 3 in Western Canada when I purchased mine (as per all the VW dealerships in town)

I found a posting online on Craigslist for my TDI - 2010 Highline package, spoke with the sales guy over the phone and haggled a bit about the price... finally agreed on a price and put a $1,000 deposit down without even seeing/driving the car...

Picked up the car, loved it... was told it had bluetooth... tried to get it to work, obviously I couldn't pair... sent the sales guy an email and said

"where's my bluetooth? I got the options on the steering wheel"

and he replies back with

"oh it's in there just read the manual"

So I write back after reading some forums etc - "Me thinks that its not installed by factory as per some searching I've done"

He writes back

"you are correct, but I gave you a deal on the car anyways so if you pay the $500 to have it installed you are still ahead of the game"

I wrote back how pissed off I was and about the survey stuff... and he quickly replied with

"Don't make me look bad, this isn't my fault ... You could of looked at the spec sheet when you bought the car... I never promised you anything... blah blah blah etc"

So somewhat my fault for not following up at the initial purchase and attempting to use but when you ask your sales guy 2 x's and both he says "Yes its in there" I'd assume it's in there...

Mike_M

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2002 Jetta GLS
izkeepsitreal said:
So somewhat my fault for not following up at the initial purchase and attempting to use but when you ask your sales guy 2 x's and both he says "Yes its in there" I'd assume it's in there...
Bah...he said it's in there, and it's not in there. That's fraud. Pretty simple concept. Tank his survey. Fraud cannot be tolerated.

izkeepsitreal

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon
The bad news

So VW Canada did an "investigation" and found that the Dealer "mistakenly" advised that there is blue-tooth in the car which he had corrected his mistake in an email to me so therefore there is nothing they can do and to discuss any issues directly with the dealer.

I advised that I asked the dealer in person if the car was equipped and he said yes, I later then followed up with 2 emails to the same Manager asking the same which he said "Yes it has Blue-Tooth" and then after he did some homework replies back with "My mistake, it's available for $500"

I ranted another pissed off customer email back to VW Canada bout their bait and switch practices, and that if the sales Manager is unable to advise correctly about their product offerings I can only imagine what other staff are trying to sell... Said I'd never consider a VW again and I'm still not a happy customer...

Will keep posted what the next page to the saga is :)

Mike_M

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2002 Jetta GLS
izkeepsitreal said:
I ranted another pissed off customer email back to VW Canada bout their bait and switch practices, and that if the sales Manager is unable to advise correctly about their product offerings I can only imagine what other staff are trying to sell... Said I'd never consider a VW again and I'm still not a happy customer...

Will keep posted what the next page to the saga is :)
Forget messing with them anymore. Go to a lawyer and/or some form of regulatory authority (not being Canadian, I don't know the governmental structure up there very well).

izkeepsitreal

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon
Mike_M said:
Forget messing with them anymore. Go to a lawyer and/or some form of regulatory authority (not being Canadian, I don't know the governmental structure up there very well).
ya I've mentioned small claims court to them via email but didn't have much success... Not sure if this is something I want to bring to court... $500 blue-tooth upgrade may not pan out with legal fees...