The first GTG of 2007 - where else but the Ho5G?

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
The first weekend of 2007 = the first GTG of 2007!

Where - Ho5G!
When - Saturday, 1/6/07
9am – midnight (SAT night)

Rocketchip is a CONFIRMED vendor – do I hear TDIParts?;)

We’d like to see a few changes in our GTG format– actually we’d like to see a return to the way GTGs used to be back in 2004-2005. EVERYONE is still welcome... but please note:

#1 – ALL newbies:
By newbies I mean all of you that we don’t know. Just because you’ve been here doesn’t necessarily mean we know you! You'll be required to ‘check in’ with us and get a name tag. This is our home and we would like to know who’s here!

#2 – Food
No more mid-GTG food runs! No one should have to leave the GTG to shop for you! This is not directed at those 2-3 newbies who approached me last time and told me they did not know what to bring. We had to go out and buy food for waaay more than 3 people!

Please watch for a food thread. We will post a list of suggestions – please watch for this and PARTICIPATE! If you don’t bring something, don’t expect to eat something! It seems everyone has come to expect a certain few to 'carry' the food - chicken satay, steak & turkey tips and burgers n bunz come to mind. It's not fair to expect the same people to provide the bulk of the food!

#3 – Work
Garage space as always is first come, first served. Big jobs need to be cleared by us first. As always – NO timing belts unless done by a preapproved (i.e. mrchill, HermTDI, jsrmonster and TDiRacing) club member. Those arrangements MUST be made in advance with us & the person doing the work.

Bring the TOOLS and FLUIDS that you'll need for the job! We have a brake bleeder and oil extractor available. Bring containers for your fluids!

ALL WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT!
Chipping is the ONLY exception, and that is always at Rocketchip’s discretion.

A word about chip tuning – If your car is not in near perfect running condition (i.e. – has no fault codes, is not exhibiting limp mode or other bizarre behavior) don’t necessarily plan on getting a chip! Chipping significantly changes the way your car runs. Cars generally must be healthy first before turning them into performance machines. Again, this is at Rocketchip’s discretion.

We apologize for having to spell out GTG format, but lately it seems that more people come (which we love), but less food shows up (and we run out.) Also people seem to think the Hamster & I can get up early, stay up late AND have a full cleaning crew at our disposal. Friends, this is our HOME. We say it every time, but this time we emphasize it. We enjoy opening our home and garages to you. All we ask for is a little courtesy and respect in return.

Now back to our regularly scheduled GTG...

ROCKETCHIP LIST (in no particular order...)

Last edited:

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
What a GREAT way to start the New Year. :D
P&J.. Heres hopeing folks get the message about what a GTG should be, I will be watching for the food thread..

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
P+J,

I think I am going to have 2 projects on my plate for this event if that clears with you. A certain silver golf and a red jetta in need of some loving.

Can I call a bunch of burgers and buns now?

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
part of me is tempted to think about uttering the C-word.... but I think that's a project better suited to somewhere closer to home in case I encounter unexpected difficulties..

either way, I should be able to make it... I'll keep an eye out for the yummyness thread as well :)

JimL

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI auto
Great another GTG I am a newbie and attended my first GTG in So Windsor Dec 9. I had a great time just watching and meeting people. Name tags will be a good idea. I tried to introduce myself to as many people as I could but after a while they were so many new people arriving it was hard to keep up. I forgot a lot of names(screen names and real names) and I'm sure people won't remember me. Anyway,is Jeff from rocketchip going to be attending? My TDI has had no mod's and I drove Nethed's Golf that has been rocket chipped. Amazing! I would be interested in being chipped and possibly a brake fluid change. Great job on the GTG format. I will be watching for the food thread for suggestions on what to bring. I will definitely try to attend on Saturday.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
YaY! New Blue's first big debut! Standard B4 rescue procedure needs doing: change in fluids and plead with Jonathan to advise on some of the stranger things. And maybe a little chip.

PeterV, you are making me feel guilty about chipping Krappy when we did! If I recall, the CEL was not the worst of the B4 rescue ailments we limped to the GTG with, but we rocketed home! :D :D :D

I can provide Name tags and a Sharpie. Beetle~Go, you coming?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'd like to see new blue in the daylight. And I may see if Jeff can once and for all cure the low speed shudder in the '97. And update the chip in the '00. And my son's '98 needs dampers (how about a third job, Dave?). And I want to help out with the control arms in the beautiful Red Jetta: this is on my mod list for the '02 in '07.

BeetleGo, do you still need window switches? I'll bring them along. And Jetter, are you going to change filters with the oil? I can bring those, too. Phoenix, I've got a clutch ready for you. I hope I can fit all this in the A3.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
I'm in. Hopefully the B4V will be getting chipped (it only has a few problems, i.e. inability to hold it's oil and a stuttering cold idle). Depends on what Jeff recommends.

I'll be looking for the food thread, last time I brought stuff there was already a thousand portions there. Maybe I will stick to something unique this time, like frog legs. Or clams. Anyone like clams? Bearded clams? :eek:

NH_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta GLS Wagon
I am 90% sure I am in, have to check with wife and kid.
Happy to bring whatever food or beverages are necessary. Don't think the kegfridge will fit in the wagon.

Is an auto tranny fluid change to much of a task to ask for? If so no problem, if not please schedule me in.

I will probably have an order for TDIParts to deliver also.

Thanks for the laying out the guidelines. Wouldn't want to show up unprepared or useless.

Thanks.

iggy_jet

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, Gray (GONE) 1987 Mercedes 300DT
You know what they say about rules Peter ??????

Just kidding...

Looking forward to this..

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Best B4

Peter and Julie: Will not be able to attend due to a ONE day National Guard drill:mad: Maybe it's just as well...I wouldn't want to heartbreak all those B4 owners when they saw the best example of the marque in the Club! Take Care! Brussels.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Peter... well said

I'll be there.
Projects to potentially be completed:
Seat Spring re-installed
Starter cleaned - possibly replaced (IBW do you have an A4 starter, JIC i need a new one???)
Try to figure out where my wobble came from! :(
Clean up the front end and put Zippy's bra on! ;)

Anyone got a monsoon radio they don't want?? Can i have the control knobs?!?!? :confused:

I'll keep my eyes peeled for foodage, might have to start making more Taco salad, I heard it went out really fast last time.:eek:

I think we should go back to the old Newbie initiation, started by BG! Make the Newbies give the veterans their name tags, so they learn! That's how i had to do it!

WORBC

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle
Newbee going --- I'm there!

All, I'm new and plan to be there, I have college in the morning until 2ish, so I will drive down from UNH. I'd like to get the Rocket Chip installed, I've been emailing back and forth with "The Rocket Chip Man" (Jeff) and I'll like to see what his schedule is going to be.

I just replaced my clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel, as well as a new starter this past weekend, however, is anyone going to be doing any hose work? I have been looking into replacing all the vac lines, fuel lines, heater hoses, etc with better ones, maybe something with color (red), so if anyone can can support me doing such, that would be kewl.

Food Thread? Don't see one, but let me know what to bring and I'll hook ya'll up. Oh yeah, I'm a Southern Boy, so no red-neck jokes please... LOL just kiding, after a career in the Military, my skin is supper thick.

I'm looking forward to being able to ask questions in person.

--terry

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
Actually Ms. Jetter, whilst traveling in Aldi land, if you happen on some strudel (the one in the freezer section), please DO pick it up as it is very yummy. Let alone all the bander that will ensue...

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Who said I was putting strudel on the food list??

LoL...it was good - no matter what it was called!

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Zippy_car said:
Peter... well said

Clean up the front end and put Zippy's bra on! ;)
Zippy Ill help you put your Bra on! Sorry could'nt resist, you made that one an easy target LOL! Wish I could make it, hopefully sometime in the spring Ill try to come.

Steve

WORBC

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle
Radman said:
Zippy Ill help you put your Bra on! Sorry could'nt resist, you made that one an easy target LOL! Wish I could make it, hopefully sometime in the spring Ill try to come.

Steve
Hey Hey Hey -- Don't ask and Don't tell! :D

:)

iggy_jet

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, Gray (GONE) 1987 Mercedes 300DT
Zippy,

How dirty is that front end of yours???
Will Peter need to get the Power-Washer out... LOL
(i think that's the only non diesel toy they got... )LOL

:D :D

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
Zippy_car said:
Peter... well said

I'll be there.
Projects to potentially be completed:
Seat Spring re-installed
Starter cleaned - possibly replaced (IBW do you have an A4 starter, JIC i need a new one???)
Try to figure out where my wobble came from! :(
Clean up the front end and put Zippy's bra on! ;) :eek: :eek:
Anyone got a monsoon radio they don't want?? Can i have the control knobs?!?!? :confused:

I'll keep my eyes peeled for foodage, might have to start making more Taco salad, I heard it went out really fast last time.:eek:

I think we should go back to the old Newbie initiation, started by BG! Make the Newbies give the veterans their name tags, so they learn! That's how i had to do it!
zippy its 4 1/2 hours drive for me but if you need help with your bra I will definitelly be there:D

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
I'm in (as long as I don't have to work hmmm.. 1st swap of '07?)! I got my new glow plug harness this past weekend, so that's going in for sure. Might also do my winter clen up and filter change.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I'm in!! I'm not planning to do any major wrenching on my car this time. I'll have the Segway with me as usual and I'll be available to lend a hand to help with wrenching where needed. I have VAG-COM. :cool:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Zippy, yes I have a starter, let me know and I'll bring one. And terry, there are LOTS of coolant hoses in an A4. That's a project.

I still want to sort the shudder in my A3. I may try to track down a JB ECU to see if Jeff can do a swap.

As always, I'm happy to bring whatever anyone wants. But be sure to ask ahead as my packing in anticipation of peoples' wants and needs tends to be a bit random.

WORBC

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Zippy, yes I have a starter, let me know and I'll bring one. And terry, there are LOTS of coolant hoses in an A4. That's a project.

I still want to sort the shudder in my A3. I may try to track down a JB ECU to see if Jeff can do a swap.

As always, I'm happy to bring whatever anyone wants. But be sure to ask ahead as my packing in anticipation of peoples' wants and needs tends to be a bit random.
Peter, do you have vac hoses? Fuel hoses? Colored red? I'll leave the heater hoses for another day.

Where will this be (location wise)?

--terry