A shoutout for Derek at Chub's Auto Repair for

TDIL3dad

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 96 B4V project
..... restoring background lighting to my euro switch (3-position with front and back foglight indicators).

The background lights had died slowly over time or became too dim for my ageing eyes. Now all are working as new.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I actually need to do this. Isn't this just a simple bulb swap?

-Todd

lisab4

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 1.9 TDI
Mostly. I think one or two are soldered. Derek does awesome stuff :)

moroza

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 Passat sedan
He has my gaugecluster as we speak. Here's hoping he works the same magic with my odometer.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Has his email address changed? I was trying to send him a couple B4 instrument clusters to do the whole MFA conversion deal.

Guess it's moot now, little sister now owns the car and doesn't seem to care about the feature. But I do have a complete 1Z swap kit I'll eventually transplant into something and I'd love to have the full MFA setup.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I too have a cluster he needs to convert for MFA for my B3V. I PM'd him once but got no response. I should follow up again and get this taken care of!

Steve

ChubsAuto

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2005 TDI Passat, 2003 Jetta Sedan
Sorry, Im not good about answering emails/pm's, I get busy with work and forget to check them. The best way to get in touch with me is to call, the number is 217-824-3954. Im on vacation this week but will be back on Monday 8 to 5 central time.
Thanks Derek

moroza

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 Passat sedan
At least you're good at doing the work. Just got my cluster back from you and everything works perfectly, including the CEL that was out before. Thanks! Now I can track my mileage!

boisebiker

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta 428k, 1997 Passat 230k
Have not seen any posts from Derek in over a year. Is he still around? Does he still do cluster repairs?

lisab4

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 1.9 TDI
I exchanged e-mails with him 2 weeks ago. Need to send him my cluster.