09 Touareg buy back values

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
I've got my offer assuming I get it fixes, but before I sign, I'd like to get some idea on how much of a buy back I could get.

I like the vehicle, so I want to ensure I make the right choice.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
I followed the US Settlement, and it's website contents, closely. Looks as if there's a Canada settlement website also. Recommend you do some independent searching.
I have no idea if this is up to date or even valid, but from the site:
https://www.vwcanadasettlement.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Exhibit5.pdf

FWIW, our total US buyback was in the middle of the listed range with just under 140k miles.

Last edited:

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
I'm keeping it. Seen a few posts of same years buy back values in the mid 20's. I can't find anything I want with what I'd have after clearing the loan.

And I still love the vehicle.

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
2010 w/ 157k Miles and buy back was $26k & change. I paid $24k for the vehicle used, so this was a no brainer to me.

You'll never get the amount of money selling it private party or trade in that the VW buyback settlement will give you. If I were in your shoes, I'd seriously reconsider and sell it back to VW and then buy a newer vehicle.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
2010 w/ 157k Miles and buy back was $26k & change. I paid $24k for the vehicle used, so this was a no brainer to me.

You'll never get the amount of money selling it private party or trade in that the VW buyback settlement will give you. If I were in your shoes, I'd seriously reconsider and sell it back to VW and then buy a newer vehicle.

I would think that selling back and getting a newer T3 would be the way to go. The buybacks for the T2's was insane. Plus there was no fix offered when the buyback started. If you keep it, it will definitely be rare.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
That last part made it a no brainier for me. I have owned a very limited production car before, and doing it again would take something more special than a 3.0 TDI.