Sharing rooms: available or wanted

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
There are a few posts coming up now for people looking for beds, and I presume that there will be some with an extra bed looking for someone with whom to split the room cost.
Here's your thread!

Post if you have a bed "Available" of if a bed is "Wanted".
Put in come information about your itinerary (which nights you'll have available or will want).
Put in some personal info to to aid in the match: early riser, night-owl, snorer, sleep-walker (or talker), gender preference, tobacco use, boxers or briefs or commando, whatever is important to you.
Add some information on the room cost split desired. 50:50 is often the usual but you can shop if you want.

Finally, add some means of others to contact you to finalize negotiations.
Do due diligence and vet the other person carefully to your standard.
And remember: If your roomie turns out to be Elm Street Freddie, that's not TDIClub's problem.

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Roommate Wanted:
I plan on being there Friday and Saturday nights.
I can afford to split 50:50 and reserve the room, if need be. I need plenty of advance notice from potential roommates and the rooms need to be booked by Aug. 2. Please get ahold of me sooner rather than later.

My Basics:
My given name is Diedre.
Female
Non-smoker
silent sleeper, i need the same.
I'll be crocheting alot...it's my hobby.

You can be male or female. No couples, please.

PM me through the forums and if it looks like a workable situation, I'll give my phone number and/or e-mail.

Thank you!

deegingerkid

TDI
anyone?

Well, it seems as if my registation fee is going to just be a donation to the club unless I can get a hand, here.

I make not much more than minimum wage and am in the process of saving up for a TB change. I hoped there would be someone on this website to help....

Seriously. Please?

Thanks,
Diedre

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
Well, it seems as if my registation fee is going to just be a donation to the club unless I can get a hand, here.
I make not much more than minimum wage and am in the process of saving up for a TB change. I hoped there would be someone on this website to help....
Seriously. Please?
Thanks,
Diedre
I would say I'm game but still have no clue if I have people coming with me.

deegingerkid

TDI
thank you

A big thanks to those who have replied to my request! The truth of the matter is, I have only 3 paychecks before fest and I'm trying to save for my tb, and pay a deposit on an apartment....and my fundage is super low. So I gotta plan out a ways in advance.

Logan, we'll see if you end up needing my help.

Thanks again, everyone :)

MiksTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 GLS Galactic Blue
I am Male, 33, Quiet guy.

Looking for a room Saturday night. Even a spot to lay a sleeping bag would work out. Fees could be split.....

deegingerkid

TDI
Thank you TDIClub :) I have found a room to share for the fest. Thank you everyone who replied to my request for a lil help. It's great to know there are some genuinely nice folks left in this world. :D

I am looking forward to the fest and hopefully meeting many of you!

kanio

TDI
2004 Passat TDI Wagon Unchained
I am looking someone to split the cost of the room. I will be staying on Friday and Saturday night, check out on Sunday. Male, 35, quiet, and easy going. Please PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
I have booked a room at hotel about 5 to 10 minutes away. Why not stay at the Hilton? I I have travel status at Holiday Inn Hotels and I will be using my points so that I can stay for free. I travel a lot for business and I will be coming to the event directly from a site in Buffalo. I will rent a car to drive down in. I would rather not spend any money for a rental while in Lexington if at all possible. So I am offering a trade. Free weekend hotel starting on Friday, late, for someone who doesn't mind being my taxi for the weekend. I fly out on Tuesday. I also want to go on a distillery tour or two if possible. So, there it is.

I am 40 I am fairly out-going. I will sleep in boxers and a tee shirt. I plan on having a few while I am in town if you know what I mean. Not excessive if that is a concern. You need to be able to hang out Saturday night a little before going back to the Hotel.

I am not sure if I will have two queen sized beds in my room as my profile is set for a King and usually have a couch. I will make a formal request for the two queens if someone chimes in here in the next couple of days to confirm. If you want a suite, you will have to kick in some cash to cover the difference. No guarantees, but I will see what I can get.

Last edited:

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Bed WANTED

Brussels Belgian and (maybe) SaturnHacker. Both non-smokers, attending all the official events; if we both have a few "brews" we will not stay up late. I have been told that I snore. If there is only one extra bed, and SaturnHacker does come, I'll bring a cot for myself. I promise NOT to bring my inflatable "friend" with me!:eek: Almost forgot: staying Fri., Sat., Sun. evenings

Last edited:

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I'm staying 3 nights, and currently have a single bed. Assuming that it's possible to change that, I am open to finding someone to share a room with. Only thing is that lights go out at 11:30.

:)

Also, heading down from Boston on Thursday. Anybody wanting to share a room on the way down?

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
I'm Confused

BeetleGo: I am staying Fri. Sat. and Sun. night, and NEED a bed. However, I'm working on other members to attend the Fest, and that is still being resolved. Keep in touch via private e-mail. I'll try to resolve this quickly.

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
Last minute space available!

I'm at Fest and have a spare bed in case any one needs it who is still on the fence about attending. Its a room on the 5th floor with two double beds. Kick in half for the nights you want to stay...I'm staying Fri thru Sunday. Im 33, Male non smoker in a non smoking room. You: no preferrence.

I had a roomie set up but they made other arrangements.

Best way to get in touch is 603.seven two one. 1759

Dave

Last edited: