E-code city and turn signal bulbs

ScottTDI

Veteran Member
Man we should start a headlight forum..

Question: My PGP e-codes did not come with city light bulbs. Anyone know if they can be found at an autoparts store in the US? It looks like they might be similar to a dash light in an old GM truck

Comment: My PGP e-codes did come with new turn signal bulbs. The NA lights have a 3-wire, dual filament turn signal/parking, while the e-codes use a 2 wire single (turn signal, city lights act as parking). While hunting around for H4's and H3's, I came across these cool bulbs from both Osram and Philips that look silver or clear when off, but glow amber when on. The idea is to not have an amber colored light when it is off. It may sound "ricey" to some. I like the idea. They can be found at www.fosmo.com and www.autolamps-online.com. Here is an animated gif of them in a Golf:

Scott

[This message has been edited by ScottTDI (edited November 03, 2000).]

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
Wish I could help, mine came in with them already installed. Maybe you should try calling PGP and askint them to send you some. Perhaps the Golf city lights might work too. N. American Golfs come with city lights. Pop down to your VeeDubya dealer and buy a pair and see if they fit, if not you can return them or sell/donate them to a needy Golf owner...

------------------
PlaneCrazy
99.5 Jetta TDI GLS
76 Piper Cherokee