Additives on Engine Oil and Fuel System?

cgentil

TDI
Golf 7
Hi,

I'm about to make a inspection, and I'd like to know if anyone recommends to use:

Liquimoly Ceratec for engine oil

Liquimoly Diesel Spülung for diesel system

Liquimoly Partikelfilter Schutz for DPF

Since Liquimoly has too much additives I don't know which to choose.

Car has now 104000KM, and it's a '12 Golf MK7.

Always with OEM Recommend Engine oil and additivated fuel.

Should I use any of this product for prevention?

What do you recommend guys?

VwPassion

Veteran Member
TDI
Polo 1.2 Tdi '13
If car run smoothly w/o any obvious problems , no need literally anything more. Maybe something in fuel for prevent gelling at very very cold winter or for the bio "mud" , if any , and nothing more . Today oils are very good and only in very exceptional situations you need something in there . And one more , let DPF alone , if need replace , just do it w/o any experiments .

cgentil

TDI
Golf 7
If car run smoothly w/o any obvious problems , no need literally anything more. Maybe something in fuel for prevent gelling at very very cold winter or for the bio "mud" , if any , and nothing more . Today oils are very good and only in very exceptional situations you need something in there . And one more , let DPF alone , if need replace , just do it w/o any experiments .
Thanks for that!

So I asked about DPF because I do city trajects most just because it.

Also you recommend something in fuel, do you recommend which one? Diesel Spulung? Or VW has some OEM additives for that?

Thanks.

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
I run Optilube XPD in our Cayenne and my Dodge for the extra lubricity...wether it's vodoo or not that is to be determined..but it's cheap enough for a gallon and that last me awhile.

smartthirdix

TDI
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Hi I just want to ask, where can I buy Fuel Level Sensor like this https://www.abestmeter.com/ultrasonic-fuel-level-sensor/, It's my father's business and every time our truck deliver oil to gasoline station in town it immediately deplete. It's just small tank truck but we're loosing money because of this problem. I visited a couple of site but too expensive. So I was hoping someone could help me.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I run Optilube XPD in our Cayenne and my Dodge for the extra lubricity...wether it's vodoo or not that is to be determined..but it's cheap enough for a gallon and that last me awhile.
If you want to add something then use PowerService. Many members here including myself use it. PLUS it is a hell of a lot less expensive and also has a higher Cetane boost ! Walmart at less than $ 20.00