www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old September 29th, 2017, 15:33   #1
forrest resto`s
Veteran Member

Default vw dealers selling fixed and buyback tdi"s..

Just bought another passat tdi today.. they are selling bought back and fixed cars cars...I was told here earlier that this could not be.. The sales manager differs..
forrest resto`s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 22:49   #2
tenacious84

TDI(s): JSW

When were you told? It's common knowledge they have been doing this for well over a month....
tenacious84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 07:04   #3
forrest resto`s
Veteran Member

in this thread I asked about it.maybe I read it wrong? .. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...31#post5330531
Old September 30th, 2017, 08:13   #4
tenacious84

TDI(s): JSW

Surfstar is the only person in that thread which had a useful response. He gave examples, everyone else was speculating on something they hadn't even taken 5 minutes to research. Do a basic search on Craigslist or any national car search engine in the last month and it's flooded with fixed 2.0 vehicles from both private parties and dealers.

I did agree with one thing said in the other thread, it's surprising that most people aren't advertising the extended warranty of these vehicles.
tenacious84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 09:27   #5
forrest resto`s
Veteran Member

my dealer's manager is selling buybacks..I asked her 5 times.. she was adamant.. we ARE selling buybacks...I looked at a couple that were "buybacks" according to her.. Bought a 2013 passat SEL.3 days ago.that according to her is a buyback..checked carfax.. and it WAS sold back to VW corp. in June 2017 and then in my dealers inventory..now I have it
Old October 2nd, 2017, 12:21   #6
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

It is possible that VW was granted approval to do this without that approval having been made public (or maybe it was made public, but I/we missed the memo). It was only a matter of time before this happened. No big deal ...
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 12:56   #7
KITEWAGON
Veteran Member

I have only seen Gen 3 buybacks for sale so far (2015's). It sounds like Gen 2's may be for sale now as well. I have yet to see any Gen 1 buybacks (2009-2014 MK6's) for sale.
KITEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 14:42   #8
forrest resto`s
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
It is possible that VW was granted approval to do this without that approval having been made public (or maybe it was made public, but I/we missed the memo). It was only a matter of time before this happened. No big deal ...
Well..... I thought it was a big deal..they had 2 others there also..2015 passats (not "new")..i bought the 2013..
Old October 5th, 2017, 13:44   #9
mz1
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITEWAGON View Post
I have only seen Gen 3 buybacks for sale so far (2015's). It sounds like Gen 2's may be for sale now as well. I have yet to see any Gen 1 buybacks (2009-2014 MK6's) for sale.
This is what I am interested in knowing....are they doing Gen 1 buyback sells? Does anyone know?
mz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 14:36   #10
06bluebeetletdi

Only gen 2 dsgs and gen 3 are available. LOVE my '14 passat tdi, it will be 3 FANTASTIC weeks tomorrow.
06bluebeetletdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 14:37   #11
forrest resto`s
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz1 View Post
This is what I am interested in knowing....are they doing Gen 1 buyback sells? Does anyone know?
Give it time.. I'm sure they will be available soon!
Old October 5th, 2017, 15:44   #12
JCG57

TDI(s): '09 Jetta

Got my last oil change today. Now it's time to ride this horsey hard for another 15k -20k miles before turning it in wet to VDub late next year. Buyer beware!
JCG57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 15:55   #13
Borsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCG57 View Post
Got my last oil change today. Now it's time to ride this horsey hard for another 15k -20k miles before turning it in wet to VDub late next year. Buyer beware!
And this is why I'm buying one with 19K and documented service records.

Mine will have 70K and perfect maintenance.

Hope the next car you buy gives exactly what you deserve.

Borsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 21:00   #14
JCG57

TDI(s): '09 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsig View Post
And this is why I'm buying one with 19K and documented service records.

Mine will have 70K and perfect maintenance.

Hope the next car you buy gives exactly what you deserve.
You're right. I will horribly abuse this car. I deserve a total lemon for my next car. And what do you deserve for being so stupid that you wasted money on "perfect maintenance" on a car you will be dumping back to VW?
JCG57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 21:06   #15
Syndicate
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCG57 View Post
You're right. I will horribly abuse this car. I deserve a total lemon for my next car. And what do you deserve for being so stupid that you wasted money on "perfect maintenance" on a car you will be dumping back to VW?
Wow.

Taking care of things is considered a waste...
2004 | VW TOUAREG | V8 | SHADOWBLUE | TEAK INT | AIR SUS | XENON | NAV | 4-ZONE | NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS | CAYENNE SWAY BARS | //99.5 | UNIBLACK | RC3 | HELIX HID | SPORT INT (GONE)//
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote