www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old October 14th, 2017, 08:34   #421
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

More checks coming today. w00t
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 00:41   #422
pkhoury
That guy with the goats

Fuel Economy: CR - 36-41, PD - 39-48 (26-32 while towing)

I got my check like 2 weeks ago, and haven't had a chance to cash it. In fact, I was told my claim was denied until I sent over a copy of my purchase agreement, but somehow, they cut me a check anyways.

Also, I don't know if I read things right, but can I file a claim on my mother's behalf for her 2015 GSW, even if she bought it as CPO? I'm interpreting it as yes, but I'm not super clear on if this is doable or not.
2010 Jetta Sportwagen - Malone DSG tune, Malone Stage 3.5, CR170, buzzken 3" straight pipe(resonator deleted), PolarFIS, Panzer plate, front and rear fogs, Bosal towhitch, Bilstein B8/Neuspeed 28mm swaybar, 2micron CP3 upgrade kit
2004 Golf GLS 5MT -
Malone Stage 4, VNT17, DC Stage 2 clutch, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, MFA cluster swap, dieselgeek Panzer plate and short shifter, Bosal towbar, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Hopkins short-proof trailer light converter, darkside SMIC, intake manifold, and tip pipe, PD150 airbox
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS (mom's car) - Malone Stage 4, VNT17, MFA cluster swap, Panzer Plate, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, darkside SMIC
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI (mom's car) - stock for now...

Other diesels:
Ford 5900 tractor
Ford 3400 Industrial tractor
2016 Mahindra XTV (1L Kohler diesel)
pkhoury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 23:19   #423
767wrench
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 37-43

Got the Bosch check. Buyback was scheduled on September 2nd, turned in on the 15th, (first available) had the EFT by 19th and Bosch check on October 14th
12' Passat SE TDI; Cr 170 Turbo, Stage 3.5 malone, dpf, egr, muffler delete, traction control delete button, Sachs SRE Performance clutch with DMF, KONI Sport suspension, H&R lowering springs, Fluidampr by INA engineering, mini train horns, HID 10K projector headlights with LED DRL, painted brake calipers, ID parts winter front, frost heater, 19" Enkei Raijin - GONE TO BUYBACK
767wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 10:09   #424
Miser_TDI
Default Got $175

Had my fix late September, EFT from VW soon after, got Bosch check for $175 in the mail late last week. Not sure why it was half of $350? ... but I'll take it.

-Miser
Miser_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 11:23   #425
duratitus
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miser_TDI View Post
Had my fix late September, EFT from VW soon after, got Bosch check for $175 in the mail late last week. Not sure why it was half of $350? ... but I'll take it.

-Miser
I've spoken with the people at Bosch about only receiving half of the $350. They said that people who purchased their vehicle after 9/18/15 are getting half now, and the other half after the claim registration period ends.

The payment from Bosch gets split when there is an elligible seller, so they are waiting to send the second half out until all the claims have been settled by VW.

This makes sense to me, and I think it's reasonable.
duratitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 15:04   #426
DanB36
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratitus View Post
I've spoken with the people at Bosch about only receiving half of the $350. They said that people who purchased their vehicle after 9/18/15 are getting half now, and the other half after the claim registration period ends.
Which explains why, of four 2.0s I bought after 9/18/15, I got $350 for two, and $175 for the other two. No, wait...

"DanB36 seems to be always on point." - CT_White_SRT
Sold: 2000 Jetta GLS TDI, Atlantic Blue, 270k miles
Sold to Dieselgate: 2 x 2013 JSW DSG, 1 x 2013 Jetta Sedan DSG
DanB36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 16:47   #427
duratitus
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB36 View Post
Which explains why, of four 2.0s I bought after 9/18/15, I got $350 for two, and $175 for the other two. No, wait...
In the first round of checks (dated June 13) I received 22 checks all for $350, the second round had 6 checks for $350, but the last 10 I've received in 3 different mailings were all for $175. (All my cars were purchased after 9/18/15)

I think their system was screwed up early in the process, which is why post 9/18/15 buyers received the full amount at first.

If you know another reason why people are only getting half the money, even when there was not an eligible seller claim, I'd love to hear your logical reason.....
Old October 19th, 2017, 17:38   #428
DanB36
Veteran Member

I don't have an alternate logical reason, but I also don't have insight into whether there was an eligible seller claim for any of my cars. But I got three checks at the same time, just a few weeks ago. Two were for $175, the third was for $350 (another was for $750, but that was for a 3.0).

"DanB36 seems to be always on point." - CT_White_SRT
Sold: 2000 Jetta GLS TDI, Atlantic Blue, 270k miles
Sold to Dieselgate: 2 x 2013 JSW DSG, 1 x 2013 Jetta Sedan DSG
DanB36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 18:14   #429
duratitus
Veteran Member

Yea, I don't have a very good way to tell if there were eligible sellers claims for my cars with Bosch, however, I've received full buyback restitution for all of them, so I assumed there probably aren't eligible sellers making claims with Bosch.

The people @ Bosch might be just feeding me a line too, if they're anything like the VW folks they'll think up anything to get you off their back. Maybe 10 out of 38 cars did have sellers who filed eligible Bosch claims....

Last edited by duratitus; October 19th, 2017 at 18:17.
Old October 19th, 2017, 20:54   #430
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Same here... first round was almost all $350, then few more $350 and now just got bunch of checks for $175

Whatever, I am still very happy
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 08:58   #431
pghPAtdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57/40/34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q5TDI View Post
You should re-read his original post. Nowhere did it indicate he berated the rep. Sounds like he politely pressed her for information and asked for a call back from a supervisor (escalated).
Don't understand the need for some on this forum to call names and belittle other people. Some people lead sad lives. Have a nice day.
I appreciate your time commenting...

So, since the very nice and helpful conversation I had with the rep who is actually there to answer questions.....she called me back about a week or so later. She called to tell me that my claim was reviewed and I would be getting the additional 750 in the mail by the end of Oct. It's arrivng today. I didn't ask any further questions about what was reviewed or if they made an error thinking I was not the orginal owner.
I'm just glad I called.
To the unpleasant member here who has many anger issues and probably not much fun at a party.....smile....your days will get better.!
Old October 27th, 2017, 10:29   #432
14Q5TDI

TDI(s): N/A
Default Received Second $750 Payment From Bosch on 3.0L (Generation 2PC)

I'm not sure exactly why, but we received our second $750 payment from Bosch three days ago. We are the original owners and have owned the car since July of 2014. Bosch could not tell me why they sent the payment early (I have been reading that we wouldn't receive the second $750 payment until after we had received the fix). Our Audi is generation 2PC, with no approved fix yet. I'm not complaining at all about receiving our payment earlier than we thought and am extremely grateful for it. I just wanted others to know that Bosch is sending these payments out now.
14Q5TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 17:52   #433
Careby

TDI(s): 2015 Touareg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Q5TDI View Post
I'm not sure exactly why, but we received our second $750 payment from Bosch three days ago. We are the original owners and have owned the car since July of 2014. Bosch could not tell me why they sent the payment early (I have been reading that we wouldn't receive the second $750 payment until after we had received the fix). Our Audi is generation 2PC, with no approved fix yet. I'm not complaining at all about receiving our payment earlier than we thought and am extremely grateful for it. I just wanted others to know that Bosch is sending these payments out now.
Got my second half payment today. I donít know why, but then again I donít know why they only sent half to begin with. Iíll stop wondering now.
Careby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 06:41   #434
Q5TDI

TDI(s): Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careby View Post
Got my second half payment today. I donít know why, but then again I donít know why they only sent half to begin with. Iíll stop wondering now.
Got my second payment too for my 2014Q5 TDI. Odd, but I will take it. Maybe Bosch knows VW/Audi cannot fix the PC class of 3.0's and I will be getting buyback!!!!
Q5TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 08:50   #435
psd1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q5TDI View Post
Got my second payment too for my 2014Q5 TDI. Odd, but I will take it. Maybe Bosch knows VW/Audi cannot fix the PC class of 3.0's and I will be getting buyback!!!!
Wishful thinking...

I like it!

psd1 is offline   Reply With Quote