www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old November 14th, 2016, 10:00   #61
newbury
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2009 JSW

Just got my FINAL OFFER. Only 7 or 8 business days after the email that I qualified.
Old November 14th, 2016, 10:00   #62
740GLE
Veteran Member

Placed both on there with place holders, haven't uploaded anything, waiting for you guys to get all the kinks out of there.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 10:08   #63
chadbag
Veteran Member

On my two cars I entered, one has a Documents Uploaded date of when I had to re-uplaod them due to the co-registrant issue. The original was 09/17 or so and had been rejected earlier in October. I think that is why I had a quick 8 day acceptance of the docs. Our other Jetta, which has a co-registrant but which was done "correctly", with docs upload before the re-upload of the first car, was 20 days.
chadbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 12:42   #64
tdiwa

From the spreadsheet, it looks like there have been only 2 actual buybacks on 11/9 (though that seems early...) In my attempts to call (to change my choice to buyback), during one of many long holds, they have a recording saying that "any buyback dates on your portal are not actual dates." I wonder the "buyback complete" column should be renamed to "buyback scheduled." "Buyback complete" should probably be only for actual, confirmed buybacks.

P.S. Calling in has been a nightmare. Despite the hold recording emphasizing having your claim number, when you get to real person, they ask for name, address, phone, VIN - all of which should be in my claim record. Then I got hung up on 3 times during a "transfer."
tdiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 12:58   #65
TDIsoup
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2013 Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiwa View Post
From the spreadsheet, it looks like there have been only 2 actual buybacks on 11/9 (though that seems early...) In my attempts to call (to change my choice to buyback), during one of many long holds, they have a recording saying that "any buyback dates on your portal are not actual dates." I wonder the "buyback complete" column should be renamed to "buyback scheduled." "Buyback complete" should probably be only for actual, confirmed buybacks.

P.S. Calling in has been a nightmare. Despite the hold recording emphasizing having your claim number, when you get to real person, they ask for name, address, phone, VIN - all of which should be in my claim record. Then I got hung up on 3 times during a "transfer."
I called once, got transferred and about an hour in got disconnected. Haven't called back.
TDIsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 13:37   #66
MarkB

TDI(s): 2012 Passat

What seems to be the average wait time from the time you upload a signed and notarized offer to the time you get to select your buyback date?

I returned my offer on 11/4 and it is still showing being reviewed. Based upon what I see on the spreadsheet and the comments that I have seen, it appears that certain areas of the country are not being allowed to set buyback appointments. Why can't this at least be communicated to us?
MarkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 13:43   #67
Airpizz6
Veteran Member

Quote:
What does calling accomplish other than raising one's blood pressure? Of the hundreds of complaints on this forum, only a handful of calls resulted in any forward movement. I haven't called once, my pre-scandal purchased car went right through with no problem. Of course, I'm not turning it in till '18. And my other, an August 16 purchase is stagnant just like everyone else's. Why waste one's time calling? Just reading complaints such as yours brightens my day.
Airpizz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 13:56   #68
ericy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~49

Quote:
It may depend on which menu options you select in the phone menu. This morning I had to call - it was only a 10-minute wait. In my case it was simple - I had trouble uploading and using a different browser (or clearing the cookies) was all that was really needed.

The woman who answered was very nice, and was trying so hard to be helpful and informative that it was almost hard to get her off the phone. Maybe because I was nice to her, and she knew that the next one in the queue was likely to be cranky .
Giant OCR-2 (bicycle).
ericy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 14:07   #69
coolbreeze
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 31/38/51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericy View Post
It may depend on which menu options you select in the phone menu. This morning I had to call - it was only a 10-minute wait. In my case it was simple - I had trouble uploading and using a different browser (or clearing the cookies) was all that was really needed.

The woman who answered was very nice, and was trying so hard to be helpful and informative that it was almost hard to get her off the phone. Maybe because I was nice to her, and she knew that the next one in the queue was likely to be cranky .
Also depends on which number you use. If you call Customer Care through the VW site you will get long wait times. I had that issue this morning. Then I call the 844-98CLAIM # ( 844-982-5246 ) and got right through.

So always use the Claim # not VW Customer Care #
Old November 14th, 2016, 14:28   #70
ericy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~49

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
Good point. I never even thought to call VW customer care - I called the claim number (I have a sticky with the number and my claim number attached to my monitor).
Giant OCR-2 (bicycle).
ericy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 15:07   #71
tdiwa

Quote:
Also depends on which number you use. If you call Customer Care through the VW site you will get long wait times. I had that issue this morning. Then I call the 844-98CLAIM # ( 844-982-5246 ) and got right through.
I had all my issues calling 844-982-5246, not VW Customer Care.
Old November 14th, 2016, 15:09   #72
tdiwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airpizz6 View Post
What does calling accomplish other than raising one's blood pressure? Of the hundreds of complaints on this forum, only a handful of calls resulted in any forward movement. I haven't called once, my pre-scandal purchased car went right through with no problem. Of course, I'm not turning it in till '18. And my other, an August 16 purchase is stagnant just like everyone else's. Why waste one's time calling? Just reading complaints such as yours brightens my day.
I have to call in order to change my previously registered choice from fix to buyback. I have no other option.
Old November 14th, 2016, 15:32   #73
Airpizz6
Veteran Member

Quote:
I have to call in order to change my previously registered choice from fix to buyback. I have no other option.
Very valid reason. Unfortunate that it can't be done on the line. But the majority of calls seem to be 'my neighbor got approved an hour ago.
What about me.' Oh well. I'm not changing my mind on anything. And will make every effort not to call, not once, not ever.
Old November 14th, 2016, 15:43   #74
coolbreeze
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 31/38/51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airpizz6 View Post
Very valid reason. Unfortunate that it can't be done on the line. But the majority of calls seem to be 'my neighbor got approved an hour ago.
What about me.' Oh well. I'm not changing my mind on anything. And will make every effort not to call, not once, not ever.
Just wondering Airpizz if we should get your approval on the validity of calls made to VW? Kind of pre screen them.
Well on the other hand it would deny you a good chuckle.
Glad yours went right through though.
Old November 14th, 2016, 15:46   #75
Airpizz6
Veteran Member

Quote:
Just wondering Airpizz if we should get your approval on the validity of calls made to VW? Kind of pre screen them.
Well on the other hand it would deny you a good chuckle.
Glad yours went right through though.
Certainly don't need my blessing to call. But the constant ranting like a bunch of two year olds is a tiring.