www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old November 11th, 2016, 09:50   #31
speedrye
Veteran Member

Don't forget that a lot of these cars are parked and VW will end up paying more for them by delaying. Both of mine might bump into the next mileage bracket if I wait until January, so that would cost VW an extra $600. I'll have to go back and recalculate my mileages to see how close I'll be though.
speedrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 10:30   #32
mhoffman47

TDI(s): Audi A3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnggt View Post
Financially it makes sense for them to save the VW Credit cars until last since they are still collecting interest on us!!! Pisses me off.
I spoke with one of the class action attorneys last night and mentioned this to him, he was very bothered that there might be some picking and choosing like this. He was going to bring it up to the firm, he works directly for the lead counsel out of San Fran. Most of the issues brought up on this site are known to them, they actually know about the forum and the spreadsheet!
mhoffman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 10:32   #33
mstnggt

True, but my rate is 2.44% so i pay about $30 a month in interest. If they have 50,000 cars financed it comes to $1.5 million a month. That's pretty significant.
mstnggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 11:05   #34
jtitocci

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnggt View Post
True, but my rate is 2.44% so i pay about $30 a month in interest. If they have 50,000 cars financed it comes to $1.5 million a month. That's pretty significant.
To us... 1.5million, is a lot.

To VW.... who's group is worth 7.5 billion last I checked, thats 1/5000th of their net worth.

In other words, if you made $5000 a month, that would be equivalent to someone giving you $1. Is $1 going to make you do something different?

Just my .02 cents.
Old November 11th, 2016, 12:36   #35
Airpizz6
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtitocci View Post
To VW.... who's group is worth 7.5 billion last I checked, thats 1/5000th of their net worth.
$7.5B??? I hope not or the current settlement would break them. Let's try $75B. Oh the power of a decimal place. So it's 1/50000!!

Last edited by Airpizz6; November 11th, 2016 at 12:44.
Airpizz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 13:09   #36
jtitocci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airpizz6 View Post
$7.5B??? I hope not or the current settlement would break them. Let's try $75B. Oh the power of a decimal place. So it's 1/50000!!
wow, yeah... i should probably not be on the forums at work, cause clearly I can't multitask a decimal point, but even better.... $.10 cents on my comparison, instead of a dollar.
Old November 11th, 2016, 13:20   #37
Airpizz6
Veteran Member

Cool

Quote:
. i should probably not be on the forums at work.
You better hope your employer is not a lurker on this forum.
Airpizz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 13:28   #38
mstnggt

I understand your logic but they don't profit $75 billion a year. They actually lost money last year so I would think they may be slightly concerned about $1.5 million dollars a month. But I'm not here to argue about things, I'm more worried about them buying my car back already!
mstnggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 18:20   #39
usarmy132
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2012 Passat
Angry

Quote:
To us... 1.5million, is a lot.
I am sure Company that did not want to spend an additional $ 300 at the beginning while building the cars, and ended up building cars with cheating devices because it's cheaper counts every penny they can get for their executives pay
Old November 11th, 2016, 18:51   #40
ericy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~49

We just hit a bit of a milestone - the 100th person reported that they got their offer letter (out of about 516 that have entered data on the spreadsheet). We all wish it was more than this, of course.
Giant OCR-2 (bicycle).
ericy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 19:03   #41
coolbreeze
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 31/38/51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericy View Post
We just hit a bit of a milestone - the 100th person reported that they got their offer letter (out of about 516 that have entered data on the spreadsheet). We all wish it was more than this, of course.
Thanks for your hard work on this spreadsheet. It is a great resource for the community.
Old November 11th, 2016, 19:31   #42
ericy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~49

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
Thanks for your hard work on this spreadsheet. It is a great resource for the community.
All I do is publicize it and look at it from time to time. UncrunchyTaco is the person who set up the framework and does whatever maintenance is required.

I don't know how much work it is to maintain - there was one time I was online early in the morning and I saw the tabs being rearranged and a new backup of the input being created. It is kind of odd to watch other people enter data. Almost like your computer is possessed or some such.

Once a week he apparently needs to go in and add line entries for each new week.

And I am guessing that at some point a new stats page will get created that will show the stats for cars that are bought back.
Giant OCR-2 (bicycle).
ericy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 19:36   #43
coolbreeze
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 31/38/51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericy View Post
All I do is publicize it and look at it from time to time. UncrunchyTaco is the person who set up the framework and does whatever maintenance is required.

I don't know how much work it is to maintain - there was one time I was online early in the morning and I saw the tabs being rearranged and a new backup of the input being created. It is kind of odd to watch other people enter data. Almost like your computer is possessed or some such.

Once a week he apparently needs to go in and add line entries for each new week.

And I am guessing that at some point a new stats page will get created that will show the stats for cars that are bought back.
Still. Thanks.
Old November 12th, 2016, 06:37   #44
heehaw

Default Buyback appt choices are extremely limited

It gave me only 4 date options for buyback in Little Rock. Every Wednesday in Dec at either 10:30AM or 11:30am. I don't like the way they are treating us!
heehaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2016, 09:49   #45
DouginNC

Fuel Economy: 44+

All of our documents have been approved and scheduled a buyback date on December 2, 2016! Yeah to be near the finish line. Although, we are going to miss our Beetle.
DouginNC is offline   Reply With Quote