www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old November 9th, 2016, 07:08   #16
ericy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB36 View Post
Agreed. The two strong correlations I'm seeing right now are (1) people with the cars paid off are moving faster than people with financing, and (2) nothing's happening yet for post-9/18/15 buyers.
I paid mine off in August - in the hope that the simplified processing might make it go a little faster. It looks like that might have been a good move.

I am noticing that people with financing are starting to get their offers, but it is still a trickle.

I don't think there aren't enough post 9/18/15 cars to make much of a statement as of yet.

It sort of seems like the people who had their docs verified sooner are getting the offer letters sooner. It isn't 100%, but it sure seems like there is a strong correlation. They haven't processed any for the week of 10/27 - 11/2 for example. Most of the processing is on the two earlier weeks.
Giant OCR-2 (bicycle).
ericy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2016, 07:09   #17
DanB36
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMugmon View Post
Has anyone posted what the "Date Eligability Verified" email looks like?
When your eligibility is verified, you'll get an email saying that you have an offer available, and to log into the claims portal to download it.

"DanB36 seems to be always on point." - CT_White_SRT
Sold: 2000 Jetta GLS TDI, Atlantic Blue, 270k miles
Sold to Dieselgate: 2 x 2013 JSW DSG, 1 x 2013 Jetta Sedan DSG
DanB36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2016, 07:13   #18
DanB36
Veteran Member

Quote:
It looks like the 10 day turnaround in between complete and verified is fiction.
I think it's too early to say that. The clock didn't start running until 10/25 at the earliest, and possibly 11/1, depending on how you interpret the settlement docs. Even though they were doing some document processing before that, I wouldn't think that time should count.

Old November 9th, 2016, 19:43   #19
simo7708

Have you considered adding a Check vs. EFT column?
Old November 9th, 2016, 20:36   #20
phnixwxz

TDI(s): Golf

Would it be better to rename "Date Eligibility Verified" to "Date of Offer"? I received the offer email today, but I'm pretty sure that the the portal had been showing "eligibility verified" status for 1 or 2 weeks.
phnixwxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2016, 06:13   #21
JMugmon

Interesting how of the total 63 cars found eligible, 57 of them are Paid Off (non-financed) = 90%. Only 10% of the financed cars have processed even though the Paid Off group is only 42% of the group. Must be easier to deal with non-financed cars! unfair.

Last edited by JMugmon; November 10th, 2016 at 06:15.
JMugmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2016, 06:34   #22
ericy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Interesting how of the total 63 cars found eligible, 57 of them are Paid Off (non-financed) = 90%. Only 10% of the financed cars have processed even though the Paid Off group is only 42% of the group. Must be easier to deal with non-financed cars! unfair.
You aren't the first to make that observation. But the graphic from VW that shows the claims process shows an additional step for cars with liens - they need to contact the lender and get the payoff information. I don't know how long that actually takes, but it depends in part on how responsive your lender is.

A few days ago, there were no cars with liens that had an offer letter, so while the numbers seem minuscule, there is at least progress.
Giant OCR-2 (bicycle).
Old November 10th, 2016, 07:47   #23
jtitocci

Has anyone wondered if there is any correlation between when you ORIGINALLY signed up for your claim to where we are now?

I only ask, because I had my documents approved on 10/15, and although another person, has the exact same submittal, and approval date, they are already at the turn in date, and I'm still waiting for my "offer".

BUT, I'm wondering, because I did have an issue with the document submission, which required me to start over and file a NEW claim on 9/24, because their portal took a dump while I was uploading my documents.

Wonder if there is any correlation to the original claim date? Anyone interested in adding this line in?

Just to clarify my statement above: I originally submitted my claim on 7/27, created my profile, etc etc. Then on 9/22 I tried to upload documents, and the portal crapped out. After a few days of back and forth with VW people, I was forced to file a new claim, with a new email, on 9/24, and start over. I wonder if this has any impact on dates.

Last edited by jtitocci; November 10th, 2016 at 07:53. Reason: clarification
jtitocci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2016, 08:38   #24
DrgRnnr
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2011 Jetta

I've been fooling with a copy of the spreadsheet and aggregated a couple numbers. The total claimed mileage is just over 44 million! Average vehicle is a 2012, 5 years old @ 71000 miles. That means the average driver is at 14200/year (1183/month) or just over the allotted monthly number VW has set. Just thought I would share.
Old November 10th, 2016, 09:32   #25
ericy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phnixwxz View Post
Would it be better to rename "Date Eligibility Verified" to "Date of Offer"? I received the offer email today, but I'm pretty sure that the the portal had been showing "eligibility verified" status for 1 or 2 weeks.
Perhaps. UncrunchyTaco seems to own the thing - I have no more permissions to change stuff at this level than anyone else (and it isn't even clear that this person spends any time on these forums). I don't even know with certainty how one contacts him, but there is a "Comments" button in the upper right where you can post suggestions, and it seems that he does respond. So that's probably your best bet for suggestions.
Giant OCR-2 (bicycle).
Old November 10th, 2016, 09:35   #26
Airpizz6
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrgRnnr View Post
I've been fooling with a copy of the spreadsheet and aggregated a couple numbers. The total claimed mileage is just over 44 million! Average vehicle is a 2012, 5 years old @ 71000 miles. That means the average driver is at 14200/year (1183/month) or just over the allotted monthly number VW has set. Just thought I would share.
That might have been a nice data point for 18 Oct, but now it's just an 'oh well'. Maybe the 3.0 liter folks can use it.
Airpizz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2016, 15:34   #27
Dr. D
Veteran Member

I suggest a column be added titled "date accepted on letter" as in my case there was a 5 day lag before they "accepted" and released their offer.
Dr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2016, 16:25   #28
scottb8888
Veteran Member

How about adding the name of the Dealer you selected??
scottb8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 08:51   #29
mstnggt

Financially it makes sense for them to save the VW Credit cars until last since they are still collecting interest on us!!! Pisses me off.
mstnggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 09:13   #30
DanB36
Veteran Member

Interest rates are low enough that, whatever they're collecting, it isn't very much. And the timelines are short enough that, as long as they comply with them (which they haven't failed to do, so far, as the FTC's counting), they aren't going to be able to give much of a disadvantage to VW-financed cars anyway. Notice that they aren't processing privately-financed cars any faster.