What did you do to your MK7 today?

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Added some rear bumper/hatch protection using plastidip instead of 3M clear.
A bit hard to see but the matte finish looks great and will easily peel off should I wish to remove it.

Sent from this Galaxy

TDI-rex

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S DSG
That is a great idea, thank you! I have a gallon of clear plasti dip, and that area has been worrying me. Didn't even think to solve it that way.

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
Just found out about plastic dip spray.. Im going to do this on my area i want black. Was it easy JASONP?

@njiska can you post a picture? Im still debating if i want limo on back or 45.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just found out about plastic dip spray.. Im going to do this on my area i want black. Was it easy JASONP?

@njiska can you post a picture? Im still debating if i want limo on back or 45.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Super easy, just tape off the area you want covered, spray it on and remove the tape
It may look like crap when wet almost like orange peel but when it cures it's like flat black paint.
Best thing is of you don't like it simply peel it off without any chemicals.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Rear washer TSB and battery software update
Edit; washer jet update not available as of yet in Canada or at least ontario

TurnOne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI 6MT
Got my rear washer nozzle replaced, new driver's side wiper and the proper iPhone 5S connector cable for the car. It's the green one, as the white ones don't work, despite having the proper lighting connector. Dealer gave to me for free in exchange for the other one.

simo7708

TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S 6MT
Got my rear washer nozzle replaced, new driver's side wiper and the proper iPhone 5S connector cable for the car. It's the green one, as the white ones don't work, despite having the proper lighting connector. Dealer gave to me for free in exchange for the other one.
Did you get a part number for the iPhone connector? Or is this something the dealership would know if I just describe it as the green connector?

TurnOne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI 6MT
Did you get a part number for the iPhone connector? Or is this something the dealership would know if I just describe it as the green connector?
Sorry, I should have snapped a picture of the box it came in.

However, they should know or be able to figure it out.

Chris

AlexNJ

TDI
MK7 2015 Golf TDI SEL DSG (sold back to VW 12/2016)
After four days from when I picked my '15 white SEL up at the dealership, I was itching to wash and wax it with 3M Perfect-It. Contrary to some of the reviews I had read of the wax, it actually applied and buffed very easily. The result isn't as obvious on white as on some of metallic colors but I'm just happy to add a layer of protection to the paint. Weather and other hazards are pretty tough on cars here in New Jersey.

cascade7997

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI sold, 2015 Golf SE TDI 6MT
I have had it for a week now.
Picked it up from Chirs at Burlington, NJ, did a wedding in Nyack, NY and then took my time getting home to South Carolina. 1150 miles so far.

Added front and read window wind/rain deflectors - a quick install - no tools required.

Added front and read splash guards - about an hour to install all four.
Required wheel removal, a drill, T25 Torx and a couple other tools.
A good way to check how your jack, etc works.

Still to come - door edge guards when I get the instructions - will see my local dealer on Friday when I go to the big city.

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
Added some rear bumper/hatch protection using plastidip instead of 3M clear.
A bit hard to see but the matte finish looks great and will easily peel off should I wish to remove it.

Sent from this Galaxy
Did you spay the door and the bumper at the same time and just cut out the middle? Also do you have a photo of it all tapped up?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI S 6MT; 2009 Jetta TDI DSG

Added some personality to Olivia. Enjoy the potato quality photo!

Last edited:

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Did you spay the door and the bumper at the same time and just cut out the middle? Also do you have a photo of it all tapped up?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Only sprayed the top flat portion of the bumper

hankster88

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 MK7 Golf TDI S 6M-Sold
We'll this took place over two days but.

Day 1: curbed the wheel, pretty hard too, enough to rip a 2" hole in the sidewall. Still getting used to a quicker reverse gear than my nissan was.Oh well. (16" OEM Toronto wheel from VW is $331 plus tax)

Day 2. Hit a 30 pound racoon going 50mph tonight on the way home from work. Bent and cracked the front bumper, missing trim so far. Did not get a chance to pop the hood yet. I'll have to check more when it's light out. Good news is i have a low comprehensive deductible.

When it rains...

Last edited:

TurnOne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI 6MT
Tinted the sunroof with 5% in addition to all the other windows tinted. Should help bright sunny days, which we won't have for 6 months around here. I don't care for the transparency of the moonroof cover. I prefer a solid one to block out all light. This should suffice.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL 6MT w/ lighting and driver assistance package
Tinted the sunroof with 5% in addition to all the other windows tinted. Should help bright sunny days, which we won't have for 6 months around here. I don't care for the transparency of the moonroof cover. I prefer a solid one to block out all light. This should suffice.
does anyone worry about sunroofs breaking with tint? I have heard that this can happen, and it is not recommended that you tint sunroofs in some vehicles. For example, it is a big no no with BMW X5's.

TurnOne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI 6MT
does anyone worry about sunroofs breaking with tint? I have heard that this can happen, and it is not recommended that you tint sunroofs in some vehicles. For example, it is a big no no with BMW X5's.
How or what could cause damage?

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL 6MT w/ lighting and driver assistance package
How or what could cause damage?
not sure of the exact mechanics of it. just know its not supposed to be done on the X5. Is it common to tint the sunroof in VW world? BMW X5 pano roofs are framed, which may have something to do with it.

Callipygian

TDI
'15 Golf TDI SEL manual
Could simply be differences in CTE values of the glass vs the tint laminate. That would be amazing if the laminate was strong enough and had enough adhesion that it would shatter the glass as they expanded or contracted as different rates during extreme temperature swings. This could be a concern only for roof glass since the pano sized ones are huge and on the roof where it gets considerably hotter.

Only other thing I could think of is danger of the tint delaminating and getting snagged inside the sunroof assembly. If the glass feeds into the interior of the roof it could be a nightmare trying to fish it back out.

These are just guesses.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Thermal shock can be an issue with some windshields. Cold water on hot glass.

Q400Pylot

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S
Where'd you get those pedals from? I'm looking at the clear bra as well what did that run you?