2009-2010 HPFP intell from turkey

nedro018

TDI
2009 tdi dsg sportwagon
i am on vacation with (turkish) wife in izmir, turkey where i lived 3 years before marrying her, and before we moved to USA last year and bought one of these 2009 time bombs.

there's 2 VW dealerships here, im going to try to glean intel on trends here. i plan to ask has there been any 2009-2010 problems so far, and get the part number on the pump installed here. may try to get some fuel sampled if it doesnt cost too much.

any other ideas? not sure if the 2.0 CR engine sold in USA is same as here, but in riding my bike around i see the 2009 style TDI badge on the cars. there's ALOT more diesel VW's over here than in USA. alot of them look like 2009's.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
i am on vacation with (turkish) wife in izmir, turkey where i lived 3 years before marrying her, and before we moved to USA last year and bought one of these 2009 time bombs.
there's 2 VW dealerships here, im going to try to glean intel on trends here. i plan to ask has there been any 2009-2010 problems so far, and get the part number on the pump installed here. may try to get some fuel sampled if it doesnt cost too much.
any other ideas? not sure if the 2.0 CR engine sold in USA is same as here, but in riding my bike around i see the 2009 style TDI badge on the cars. there's ALOT more diesel VW's over here than in USA. alot of them look like 2009's.
That would be great if you could get info off the hpfp tags of several cars or possibly question some tdi owners about any fuel system problems.It would be very helpful and Ziggy could put that info into his spread sheet data base. Any info you can glean from the dealerships would also be helpful. Enjoy your vacation and be sure to post back.

dweisel

nedro018

TDI
2009 tdi dsg sportwagon
i cant type too much from my laptop keyboard, it is typing doouble charc'ters and erasing on the fly. got a part number from a 2009 passat with 2.0 TDI: 03L 145 100 this is from dealer in izmir. he said 80% of his failures there were from injector problems (replaced injectors only) and 20 were from pumps (but that they repaced only pumps not feul sys). he wasnt aware of any caststophic failures, at all. bear in mind, they sell ALOT more 2.0's over here. more later.

axnels2

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta sportswagen
I had a similar finding when I researched VW boards in Eastern Europe. HPFP failures did not seem to cause catastrofic fuel system damages. It does not seem to be a big deal. There are shops that specialize in rebuilding those pumps all over the place.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
i cant type too much from my laptop keyboard, it is typing doouble charc'ters and erasing on the fly. got a part number from a 2009 passat with 2.0 TDI: 03L 145 100 this is from dealer in izmir. he said 80% of his failures there were from injector problems (replaced injectors only) and 20 were from pumps (but that they repaced only pumps not feul sys). he wasnt aware of any caststophic failures, at all. bear in mind, they sell ALOT more 2.0's over here. more later.
Hard to say as to what exactly the dealer was talking about. The 03L 145 100 part number doesn't match any of the CR numbers I'm familar with. It would be interesting if you could get several hpfp ser# tags info. Go to this thread to find out how you can do it.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=292910

Thanks for the info so far.
dweisel

nedro018

TDI
2009 tdi dsg sportwagon
yes dweisel i know how to look for tag info, but this passat was in a dark serv garage and i didnt have a flashlight. thats when he told me we could go talk to serv mgr who could pull pump info up on computer. thats how i got number. it could be wrong. don this appears to be a CR engine, it had the same turbo snout as mine, oil DS was in same spot, also battery, air filter layout was all same as mine. i just wasnt able to look under the cover. but i will be more bold next time.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
yes dweisel i know how to look for tag info, but this passat was in a dark serv garage and i didnt have a flashlight. thats when he told me we could go talk to serv mgr who could pull pump info up on computer. thats how i got number. it could be wrong. don this appears to be a CR engine, it had the same turbo snout as mine, oil DS was in same spot, also battery, air filter layout was all same as mine. i just wasnt able to look under the cover. but i will be more bold next time.
nedro, its good that you are trying to obtain any info. I commend you for your efforts. I myself wouldn't even do what you're trying to do here in the states,let alone in a foreign country.
Thanks again,
dweisel

ddhd

TDI
2013 Jetta TDi 6spd
My parents are planning a trip to Munich. then down to Austria. Since he's been a VW head for decades I'll have him stop off at a few different VW dealerships with a mirror and grab some HPFP label information.

In addition, I'll write him up a little Q/A the service manager.

MacBuckeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
nedro018-

Just make sure you don't end up like Billy Hayes in the 1978 thriller Midnight Express... I hear Turkish prisons are brutal!
:eek: