Newbie with buyback questions

eidroj

TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
So... I've procrastinated on even entertaining the idea of doing the buyback. I'm only considering it because I'm seeing the 2015 TDI's popping up at dealerships. I love my car so much that it pains me to even think about getting rid of it :(. That being said-- If I do decide to go with the buyback, I'm only interested in the newer TDI's that are popping back up again. I basically want everything that is on my current car, but a newer year. My questions lie in the process from start to finish; Do I submit my car claim for the buyback BEFORE I find a replacement? Or can I find the replacement and THEN start the claim process? I imagine that it's not an 'overnight' ordeal and things need to happen before anything is finalized, right? :confused: I apologize if these questions have already been asked a million of times (because they probably have)-- The whole process is just a little unclear to me and I'd like to understand it better. Thank you in advance, if you reply! :eek:

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
Start the buyback process now. Just don't schedule your buyback appointment until you pick out which car you're going to buy. That way you won't go without a car or carry 2 cars for more than a few days.