15w40 rotella t6 in 2015 jetta tdi no dpf

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I think I've seen T6 in 0w-40 at WalMart or somewhere, I'd say use the 5w-40 T6. I just don't understand if the OCI for the TDI is TDI why people want to cheap out on the lifeblood of the engine.I'd do as another poster mentioned, get your TDI checked out by a trusted mechanic to make sure something isn't amiss....

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
That was a copy/paste of an internet joke. Sorry it went over your head.

The point was, why give a ridiculously absurd reply to the OP about his oil consumption "issue" that works out to adding one quart every 4 months for the average driver?
and yet when i spent the time to search the forums with quotes key words and phrases from that "inside joke" NOT ONE RESULT other than this thread. so i call 100% BS there is NO trace that i can find with any searching that has these words on these forums.

plenty of diesel engines have runaways, common enough that there usually is no warning sign other than some oil consumption. its a legitimate concern. 2 quarts in 10K is high, not enough to show its a problem RIGHT NOW, but definitely 2 or 3 times more than it should be for a well running engine. Its easy enough to find if it is the turbo or rings or valve seals etc....

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I wouldn't worry about it. Some engines consume more oil than others- especially in hot climates, under heavy loads etc. 2 qts in 10k miles is not a big deal whatsoever.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
i agree only if you know where its going. on a NA engine, yea sure. fine
just wait till a slug of oil from the IC comes up and locks the engine. its happened before.
Im just saying that OP should find out where its going.

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
I agree with some additional investigation of where the oil is going. With that said why not use synthetic Rotella t6 5w-40 at the change and top off with Rotella HDEO 15w-40?

All the TDIs I have owned used ~ 1 pint at about the 6k mile mark and the dipstick is again down a little at my 10k mile change interval. Mobil TDT or Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40, almost 800k miles combiined in 4 vehicles. Good luck, John