Cpo buying experience

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Hello
My friend is on a mission to purchase a cpo Passat TDI and I was wondering for those of you who have purchased one recently, how was your experience?

He's had trouble finding a dealer that has any inventory. He did find one, but they told him that they do not come off of the price whatsoever. Was this the case for you when buying?

Thank you.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

hitman1985

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI ALH
Hello
My friend is on a mission to purchase a cpo Passat TDI and I was wondering for those of you who have purchased one recently, how was your experience?

He's had trouble finding a dealer that has any inventory. He did find one, but they told him that they do not come off of the price whatsoever. Was this the case for you when buying?

Thank you.

Could always request the dealer to do a internal transfer; but be aware most of them don't like doing this...

The current pricing isnt that bad tho. Between 12 to 15 k for a cpo 2013 2014 Passat. If anything I'd ensure he grabs a fully loaded and exactly or close to what he wants and send it.

You don't have a big gamble due to cpo at that point and the TDI warranty stuff so for that price a large sedan with 35+ mpg avg is kinda nice. If anything I'd ditch the cpo and go local hunting and you'll get the vehicle a good 3k+ below dealership

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Could always request the dealer to do a internal transfer; but be aware most of them don't like doing this...

The current pricing isnt that bad tho. Between 12 to 15 k for a cpo 2013 2014 Passat. If anything I'd ensure he grabs a fully loaded and exactly or close to what he wants and send it.

You don't have a big gamble due to cpo at that point and the TDI warranty stuff so for that price a large sedan with 35+ mpg avg is kinda nice. If anything I'd ditch the cpo and go local hunting and you'll get the vehicle a good 3k+ below dealership

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yeah that's what I told him, to ditch CPO but it looks like the cpo v.s. used pricing isn't too far off, within a thousand dollars in most cases.

Hes trying to find something with under 60k preferably as he will be using the car for business and driving a lot of miles.

What is an internal transfer btw?

ratkc135

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2015 Passat
I bought my ‘15 SEL with 58K in Feb. It was a CPO. I negotiated the price no problem. Paid 13K plus tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
I bought my ‘15 SEL with 58K in Feb. It was a CPO. I negotiated the price no problem. Paid 13K plus tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you mind sharing what dealership? If you don't want to post it here, could you pm it to me? Thank you.

jagerundkampfer

TDI
2013 Passat
Got my 2013 SEL for $14200 with 24k miles, talked dealer down from $15400. Walked away once and refused their offer of 3 free oil changes. San Antonio North Park VW.

Football Bat

TDI
13 Passat SEL
I found a 14 SEL with 34k miles for $13k. What was good was the dealer had 20 to 25 CPO to choose from (and within 30 miles there were 4 more dealership that all had an inventory or them) I paid more than most of the others on the lot but it was close to flawless.