TDI
golf tdi 150 passat tdi 130 seat leon tdi audi tt mk1 tdi
Conversion

Last edited:

Tin man.

TDI
Engine removed!

Need to remove fuel filter and pipes, They disconect by o/s strut top mount, you cant really get these mixed up blue to blue white to white is all simple stuff, You dont need to remove the fuel pipes that go under the car or the fuel tank the tdi lift pump will work with the tt tank, You will need to drill two holes for the fuel filter bracket and disconect the pas pipes.

Last edited:

Tin man.

TDI
Now that the engine is out i started removing some parts that are not needed, I started with removing the egr, personally i dont think they should be fitted to any engine, I cleand the crap out of the manifold and put some selant around the o ring and let it go off a bit this is just to hold it in place as they can move when fitting and then wipe any excess selant off,

Oh dear!! I broke the stud for the egr blanking plate is this an excuse to go big turbo!!!!

Lucky for me it was at the easy end so i drilled it out and fitted the blanking plate no big turbo for me. lol

Removed the egr cooler as it's not needed and it looks soooo much better.

Also i did a vacume pipe simplification removed 2 of the 3 solenoids and vacume reservoir (ball) I only need this one solenoid in the photo (n75) the rest will get chucked and the massive bracket.

Last edited:

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Subbing to see more of the swap! I think it would be a fun one!

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
Tinman,

Excellent post! I did my Audi TT mk1 -> TDI (alh) three years ago. It is my daily driver and FUN to drive. Looks like you're moving right along. I realized after the fact that I could have used the fuel pump wiring as the trigger for relay 109. Enjoy your TT TDI!

Eric

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
tinman,

My Audi TT is a 2000; my donor car was a 2002 VW Golf (alh). I notice in the winter, the EPC light on my Audi cluster acts just like the glow plug light. You might check to see if that's the case with your Audi TT. I think you can force the ECU into thinking it's cold outside by disconnecting the coolant temperature sensor.

Eric

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
Tinman,

That is the one thing I need to do with my Audi TT: get it tuned. I've got a VNT17 turbo (new), upgraded nozzles and a PD150 intake. I've also got a stage 3 clutch in it, so I should be able to handle some additional torque. I'm going to try to get it tuned this summer......

Eric