www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old September 8th, 2011, 16:34   #61
coupe 87

TDI(s): Audi 1Z

just reviving this thread as not to start a new one,
but have a question (1z motor audi so i have the 7 pin round connector)

do i still tap into wires 2 and 3 even on my 7 pin?

and i see some people use a resistor with no potentiometer,
can i just use a pot and no resistor?
coupe 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 18:15   #62
coupe 87

TDI(s): Audi 1Z

anyone?
coupe 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2020, 18:50   #63
8v-of-fury

Can we get a 9 year revival!?

I assume there was pictures and junk that no longer exist from the beginning of this thread. I fully understand the consequences of more fuel/boost on a diesel. I have an EGT gauge, so don't worry.

JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO THIS
8v-of-fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2020, 18:56   #64
Yourbuddysatin
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 32-35mpg

Dumb idea.
Yourbuddysatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2020, 19:22   #65
jayb79
Veteran Member

Search titles for Evry Mod, lots of posts here is one dicussing pins.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...light=Evry+mod
Old July 30th, 2020, 19:23   #66
8v-of-fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourbuddysatin View Post
Dumb idea.
No, it really isn't. Its just an old school way of making more power. Are you one of the believers a tune magically does something different? Lolol
8v-of-fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2020, 05:30   #67
BustedBolts

Fuel Economy: Mid 40's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8v-of-fury View Post
No, it really isn't. Its just an old school way of making more power. Are you one of the believers a tune magically does something different? Lolol

Yes. A tune actually does it differently. And in a much better way. A tune recalibrates the injection timing and boost control and vane position. Evrymod just tricks the ecu into moving the quantifier arm into a higher position. It does not adjust the injection timing to account for the higher injection quantity and thus you get higher egt than a proper tune.
Beater 01 golf, 02m 6 speed, engine internals stock, R520 11mm IP BEW lift pump, td05h turbo 36 to 38 psi, fmic with 2.5" piping. My custom tune. <> daily driver 02 golf, 02m 6 spd, DKM clutch, rosten h beams, 0.330mm 11mm IP, bew lift pump, HE221w turbo 40+ psi, large fmic with 2.5" piping, My custom tune.
BustedBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2020, 05:31   #68
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Race: 12mpg, Gandma:65mpg

Evry mod is one of the worst $2 you can spend, usually causing more damage.
Even done right or wrong, it makes no difference.
Turbo surging will kill your turbo. You have an egt gauge? Good. How are you going to install it? Either have it trigger the brake to defuel the engine (you must use an auber gauge to do so as they have built in relays)

Just get a tune
Of better nozzles

Evry mod was made because it was fun to screw with these engines at the time when tunes cost $1000. Now there only a few hundred bucks.

Dont waste your time. And dont come to us when you have issues and the engineisnt running right after you beat it up.
Mongler98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2020, 06:05   #69
Yourbuddysatin
Veteran Member

Ok so what do the mod, then just blow black smoke and make a tiny bit more power. So useless and not good for the engine. Your car, do what you want. Dumb idea in the end. Do it right with a tune.

I get so throttled when I see these old thread about the evry mod or cold air intakes...it’s like brain dead Honda kids crossed over and try to think they know it all.

Sorry all just had to vent it out.
Old July 31st, 2020, 06:29   #70
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourbuddysatin View Post
Ok so what do the mod, then just blow black smoke and make a tiny bit more power. So useless and not good for the engine. Your car, do what you want. Dumb idea in the end. Do it right with a tune.

I get so throttled when I see these old thread about the evry mod or cold air intakes...itís like brain dead Honda kids crossed over and try to think they know it all.

Sorry all just had to vent it out.
Please.
We actually need more posts like this.
So many back in the day posts promoting such a clever mod. But now we know better and need to keep the word out.
Old July 31st, 2020, 17:38   #71
GlowBugTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43 mpg average

Not going to pick sides, but out of curiosity does it matter if it's hooked up to a switch or not so that you're only using it when trying to accelerate fast? I've noticed most people use switches so I'm assuming it doesn't, but just curious.

Also why doesn't overfueling seem to have as large of an affect on diesel trucks? Are they're turbos able to pass enough air that it doesn't get as high of egt's?

I'm working on the injectors and tune route right now, but i thought I would ask.

As for the guy who is wanting to know how to do this. YouTube has good videos on how to do this mod. If your maybe not looking for longevity. Can't really see how this would be any different than the guy pushing 390 BHP with 35 lb of boost and head lift, you just won't be getting near the amount of horsepower. Still breaking car things all the same.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GlowBugTDI; July 31st, 2020 at 17:47.
GlowBugTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2020, 16:23   #72
PakProtector
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dur View Post
you probably dont actually want to "roll smoke" it increases egt and could cause over boost, either one of which could put you on the way to a replacement turbo rather quick.

you could just get injectors and a tune.
ditch the evry and you would have more power and a safer setup...
were talking about $700 in upgrades. cheaper than a new turbo.

people are chopping wires off because they dont know what their even trying to do, while others are popping turbos. All this and the evry mod hasnt been placed on the banned subject list yet. Meanwhile rokkor coilovers are "junk" and K&N air filters are taboo(rightly so in my opinion)

What gives mods?
the EVRY mod 'could' be a decent mod for people with a decent knowledge on the subject, who have built a robust setup including a bigger turbo, exhaust, and proper gauges to monitor the heat, and boost effects.

Instead it is STILL being promoted as a safe alternative to a basic tune or nozzles. which either one could easily be acquired for $300.

i thought TDI club was all about doing things the RIGHT way THE FIRST time.

Ban the EVRY already
OK, so ban everything that can damage one of these beasts. Everything.

Just in case you have not figured it out yet, that is going to leave us stock...except for starting them can wreck them. So can putting a timing belt in properly. Make sure you ban that too.
cheers,
Douglas

2004 Jetta, 5spd...stock and turning 47-48mpg
PakProtector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2020, 17:36   #73
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PakProtector View Post
OK, so ban everything that can damage one of these beasts. Everything.
Just in case you have not figured it out yet, that is going to leave us stock...except for starting them can wreck them. So can putting a timing belt in properly. Make sure you ban that too.
cheers,
Douglas
DUDE.....
that post was 10 years ago, made by a member who does actually know a thing or 2, who has not been active for like 6 years. 08-04-14 was his last activity log in.

do you not know how to use the forums? you can click on a member and see the profile, that will show you if they are active, there is a thing called a date at each post.

as to what your saying? calm down.

i agree 90% with what he stated, other than the ban, there should be a sticky at the top of this performance forum page about " ways to cheaply destroy your car"
Evry mod is horrible
Old August 1st, 2020, 18:16   #74
Yourbuddysatin
Veteran Member

Proven stupidity is proven stupidity. Everyone has their right to do to what they want to their car. Still Dosent negate the fact of doing something stupid for .05 gain over stock. We can all go rounds about this and get the thread locked like it should be.
Old August 2nd, 2020, 06:03   #75
Mongler98
Veteran Member

I don't want threads like these locked, they are the ideal newb trap!
I kinda get off when i see a newb post a oil thread or a air filter thread, but i really get turned on when i see an EVRY thread get revived. DIAMONDS