www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+)

VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+) Discussions area for the MkVI (2011+) Jetta sedan. This model was originally codenamed NCS (New Compact Sedan).

Old January 25th, 2012, 16:51   #16
Charrigan
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 09 Jetta

I'm glad your happy and I'm very happy you were taken care of. The dws is a great tire and the only downside is that it's slightly louder than what you took off. I would rather have more confidence in bad weather than a super quiet tire.

Thank you for bringing your business to Discount Tire
Charrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 18:52   #17
GraniteRooster
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '12 JSW 6MT
Fuel Economy: 41 Winter | 45 Summer

Charrigan, thanks for your posts on this topic.

GraniteRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 10:20   #18
pinkertonfloyd
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrigan View Post
I'm glad your happy and I'm very happy you were taken care of. The dws is a great tire and the only downside is that it's slightly louder than what you took off. I would rather have more confidence in bad weather than a super quiet tire.

Thank you for bringing your business to Discount Tire
Besides, it covers up the sounds of rattles in the car!
pinkertonfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 19:23   #19
TOBarber
Veteran Member

I just picked up a new Golf TDI Wagon with a similar vibration on the highway. It may be tires, but I am thinking engine. It is in the seats, so if tires, would be the rear. Tires are Bridgestone. Could be motor mounts bad or stressed from installation. Could be due to fuel line vibration. At idle there is a definite vibration on the motor cover. Is this normal? I am also getting a lot of DPF regen. The idle is at 1000 quite often. Thinking aloud.
TOBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 06:57   #20
pinkertonfloyd
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBarber View Post
I just picked up a new Golf TDI Wagon with a similar vibration on the highway. It may be tires, but I am thinking engine. It is in the seats, so if tires, would be the rear. Tires are Bridgestone. Could be motor mounts bad or stressed from installation. Could be due to fuel line vibration. At idle there is a definite vibration on the motor cover. Is this normal? I am also getting a lot of DPF regen. The idle is at 1000 quite often. Thinking aloud.
I'd check tires first. Hopefully you have a dealer that'll do it for you, if not hunt out a decent tire shop, and to really check it, use the finder on this website. http://www.gsp9700.com/ that's for the hunter Road Force Balancer, which (when used properly) can diagnose and many times fix vibration issues.

Yes, diesels will vibrate, but nothing you should be feeling in the seat, especially if it comes and goes at certain speeds. (IE: You feel it from 40MPH to 50MPH, but it's smooth outside those speeds). Basically to test the Engine vs tires, if the vibration occurs at speed, then it's tires, if it's at a certain RPM (shift gears but hold speed), then it's engine.
pinkertonfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2020, 19:37   #21
spanky1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 41mpg/38mpg

A little less than 3 years ago, I purchased a 2012 6-speed manual Jetta that was one of the buyback cars. The car still had the original Hankook tires on it. These were pretty slick, and my friend that owns the tire store told me that the tires still had tread, but they were hard, likely due to age.

I used Continental on my previous TDI(2003 Jetta), and always had decent performance. This time, I put the TrueContact touring tire on my 2012. After a couple of days, I noticed that I had a bad vibration, but not all the time. It seemed to rear it's head ~40mph, and would be gone ~50mph. Since the tires have the 30 day test drive guarantee, I used them for 3 weeks, before taking them back.

The dealer ordered a new set, and based on comments on this forum, I made sure they were using a road force balancer. He told that all his tires are road force balanced. My new set has the exact issue at the same speed. I took them back for a re-balance, and it's still there, and very noticeable. I don't recall the Hankooks doing this.

Is there something in the drivetrain that could do this? On several occasions, I've pressed the clutch in while it's rolling and vibrating, and it has no effect.

Any ideas? The car is still under the VW warranty for a couple months, but I don't want to throw away $50.
spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote