Help! Anybody have vag-com near Scranton North Carolina?

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I'm in Scranton North Carolina, and my trusted Passat decided to give me some problems... It went into limp mode on me. Of course I didn't listen to my thought that I should bring my vag-com when I take a 1500 mile trip.
Anybody know of anyone who can help me out?
Thanks!

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Any scanner can get you codes. Vcds is great for trouble shooting issues that might not be strait forward.
Might just be a vacuum or boost line or even the maf!
Just go to an auto store and borrow a scanner for free. Look up codes.

Mozambiquer

TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
There's always the trusted mechanics' list. Is anyone where your cable is? Have them mail it to you.
I checked the trusted mechanics list. Didn't find any in this area. I did find someone on the VW vortex vag-com finder, he'll be available tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it's mechanical failure of the torque converter, which I won't be able to fix here.

Mozambiquer

TDI
Any scanner can get you codes. Vcds is great for trouble shooting issues that might not be strait forward.

Might just be a vacuum or boost line or even the maf!

Just go to an auto store and borrow a scanner for free. Look up codes.
Any scanner will get emissions related codes, but only vag-com or a few select scanners will get the transmission codes.
Mine is the tdi, which doesn't use the vacuum lines, and it still has plenty of power, just the torque converter doesn't lock up.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
as far as i know, not one of the cars listed in your sig have any limp modes that are triggered from any transmission or ABS issues whatsoever.
if you have a limp mode, in your cars, any generic scanner will do.

also have you checked with out VCDS VAG-COM Locator?

cleary you have not
why dont you check it out, there is one very close to you
http://www.maptive.com/ver3/VCDS_Locator
stevenski8
New Bern, NC
Vortex Sn: stevenski8
Vag Com: Micro-CAN
Cell: 2526759554

Last edited: