'05 Conv. Beetle dash jack (stereo?) question

TNTDIGolf

TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Was looking through an '05 Beetle Conv. and noticed what looks like an audio jack at the bottom edge of the half round piece of the dashboard which is below the AC/Heater controls. Is this jack an AUX Input for a Monsoon stereo? If so, will it work with a Monsoon stereo from a '01 Golf? The wire bus for the stereo in the '05 Beetle looks the same as the '01 Golf although I haven't compared each connection w/wire between the two.

What I'd like to do is see if I can add an AUX jack to work with the '01 Monsoon stereo in the Golf. Anyone know? TIA

TNTDIGolf

TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Thanks but I was hoping to not spend that much if possible. I found this on https://consumerguide.com/used/1998-05-volkswagen-new-beetle/

2005 New Beetle
Optional satellite radio and linewide availability of a 6-speed automatic transmission lead changes for Volkswagen’s 2005 retro-styled cars. Also new for ’05, factory audio systems add a jack for connecting digital music players, and satellite radio is available for all models.

So it looks like that is an audio jack for the '05 Monsoon stereo. I guess I have to see if the stereo plug wires and pins in the '05 Beetle match up to the '01 Golf? I'll see.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The 2005 NB uses an entirely different radio setup than the 2001 Golf. Nothing is the same.

The G/J didn't get the CAN double DIN radios until halfway through the 2002 model year. Your 2001 is still using the old K-line radio (that NB's radio does not even have a K-line).

I used to use a cassette deck adapter in some of my cars. It was cheap, and always worked. I still have it.