TDI Fest 2015

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
True, with the new higher speed limits I MIGHT be able to make it in four days, but the shortest route is still 45 hours non-stop (if I can average 70 mph) and requires cutting through Canada. Fuel stops, bio-breaks, and border crossings would add more than 3 hours at least. :D

Route

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Sigh. It was too far in 2013 and it is still too far in 2015.
I fear that this is true for me too. My wife is dealing with medical issues. There is no way she can make the trip and I doubt that I can be away for that long. Oh well, maybe next year.

Have Fun!

Don

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
True, with the new higher speed limits I MIGHT be able to make it in four days, but the shortest route is still 45 hours non-stop (if I can average 70 mph) and requires cutting through Canada. Fuel stops, bio-breaks, and border crossings would add more than 3 hours at least. :D

Route
Avoiding Canada only adds an extra 100 miles or so, which considering border crossing times and low Canadian speed limits, could actually save you time.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Avoiding Canada only adds an extra 100 miles or so, which considering border crossing times and low Canadian speed limits, could actually save you time.
Slower speed limits and the higher cost of Diesel make it better off to stick to US roads for the trip.

MrVermin

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
It was interesting that the next routing listed in the link only added 58 miles but also added 1 hour to the trip. Of course these online route planners DON'T factor in fuel/meal/bio stops, border crossing delays, RONs, etc.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
3100 miles from San Diego. Good News is Montreal is only 180 miles away. Anita grew up in Montreal, still has family and friends there. So we will make the drive. Last time we drove to Montreal and back we took about 18 days. Nice trip. Looking forward to doing it again. This time want to spend some time in the Maritime Provinces with a must see stop in Halifax. From California, this is a long 3 day drive each way. Best made with 2 drivers or more time.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Awesome! ........... I guess that little bird was right after all!