Fuel Filter reccomendations....

dcjkrueger

Veteran Member
TDI
What fuel filters would you recommend for a 2003 Jetta ALH TDI ? I have been getting mine thru NAPA, but I am concerned that it may not be good enough. A lot of knockoffs out there. Thanks in advance.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Options to purchase trustable TDI parts

Some options for you: from the dealer or online from our trusted TDI merchants (see this link for more info).

Giberish33

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDi 1z
I usually get mine (and most maintenance parts) from rockauto. Mann or Mahle either one is good. I've heard good things about napa filters fuel/oil/air. I believe they are WIX filters.

Seeing as you are in the USA, I recommend you checkout IDparts. They have all the right stuff and shipping / parts cost should be much better for you than me in Canada. I used to buy from IDparts but they no longer have a cheap shipping option to Canada so rockauto is my goto.

ahldailydriver02

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta 5 speed, 03 Jetta Wagon 5 speed
You could always to do a fuel filter conversion and use a Cat, Baldwin, Donaldson or Wix filters. They are generally cheaper, last longer and filter better, oh and a lot easier to change too. Just a thought nothing against the stock filters just something to consider.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I use the UFI filters (sometimes packaged as Sofima) on my MKIVs. They're less expensive than MANN, and were OE on the cars when assembled.